Shaw Cable rant thread, Leaving Shaw, etc - Page 100 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1486 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2018-04-05, 06:09 PM
Veteran

They've got a ticket opened with video ops but considering it's been several months since opening it, I'm not hopeful it'll be resolved anytime soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1487 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2018-04-06, 11:49 AM

Well the deed is done. Install experience in the Telus section. Very happy so far. The 4k Nature channel looks fantastic.
So glad i decided to make the switch. So nice to have all my channels in HD. Now to head to the Shaw tower to return equipment. Tho i suppose i can also go to any of the mall Shaw outlets to do return?
post #1488 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2018-04-06, 12:49 PM

^
I returned my Shaw equipment to a mall kiosk when I switched to Telus.

post #1489 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2018-04-12, 02:39 PM

Update- finally had enuff. After 30+ years kicked Shaw to the curb. Telus comin for optik 4k install monday. Gonna save big time for a year and even after 1 year is up still 15 bucks cheaper/month. And better(more) TV to boot.....just the hassle of email and wifi reconnect stuff but you cant have everything......
post #1490 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2018-04-12, 04:50 PM
Veteran

I'll be cancelling my BlueSky TV next month, but am keeping Internet, since Telus can't give me better than 50Mbps here yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #1491 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2018-04-18, 03:27 PM

Shaw billing messed up

Billing period 15th of month to 14th of month, Bluesky bills ahead one month.

i am (was) on 2y plan expire June 2019
Invoice date March 15 for April 15 to May 14
Have pick 7 bluesky + internet 150. worked out to be 156.34 / month
paid that on March 27

decided in April to cancel so on April 03 i did. Returned shaw equipment on April 07 and paid cancel fee of 260 same day.

All was good. My account showed zero owing. Forgot that i should be getting a refund for April 03 to April 14 and April 15 to May 14.

big surprise when i check my account and they show i owe them 187.54.
They billed me on April 15 for period May 15 to June 14.

Could not figure out where they got the 187.54 number from. Finally figured out what they did. I got dinged for 31.20 more in taxes.

on the April 15 bill. They showed charge of 260 cancel fee + 187.16 for tv and internet. promotion of -47.26 tax of gst 20 and pst 27.64
for a grand total of 447.54

subtract the paid 260 cancel fee from 447.54 and you get 187.54 they say i owe them.

Been on phone and in chat with support a few times yesterday and today. Supposedly it is fixed but will not show up until next billing period on May 15.

Currently they still show i owe them 125.14 (187.54 - 125.14 = 62.40)
The 62.40 is the prorate amount of refund for April 03 to April 14.
I should also get the already paid April 15 to May 14 refund for a total of over $200. Sheesh what a mess.

I was assured today that it will be ok after May 15 and i will get a refund in the mail. And also rep said she would email me on May 15 to let me know. Hope so and that she was not blowing blue smoke.

I would not be surprised tho if they charge me late fees on the 125.14 they say i owe them and have to pay by May 15
post #1492 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2019-02-07, 06:27 PM
Veteran

I am coming to a close of a decent internet deal so started talking to customer service and loyalty.

First point....The CSR had a very thick(Russian/Ukrainian?) accent and was difficult to understand. I asked him to please speak up and then a little later I asked him a couple of times to repeat what he was saying. Then I said I am having trouble understanding what you are saying, Could you slow down a bit? Your English is difficult to understand.
The answer....What you said is very rude and he hung up on me.

Seriously I was speaking quite calmly and quite controlled. I have to admit over the years I was a little nasty in that regard but that was a while ago.
We are now in a country with some individuals who feel no matter how broken their language skills are it is our duty to bear with them. I do not agree. Time to upgrade your skills just as my parents and grandparents did, or take a job that does not require the skills. I have worked with some people I have had difficulty communicating with but not a problem because communication was a minor part of the job and they did a good job. Not so much this time.

Second point.... I am coming to an end as I said so am looking for a good deal. Shaw is offering 300 mbps service for 50mo for 12 mos and 70 mo for the next 12. I want the deal! Only available to new customers. Cancellation can be done for $15/mo which would be a minor expense and I want the deal! No can do.
So they can lose me as a customer and I can go somewhere else and spend my money and they say they are looking for new customers. I understand retention would be the first method of keeping a customer base. I was offered a little more per month than the deal and would have taken it except it was only for 6 months which meant 6 months from now I would be getting my blood pressure up and doing the whole thing over again. No thanks Shaw.
I am looking at a couple of alternatives now but Shaw is not going to get $110 from me for 300mbps when they are offering it to others for an average of 60/mo over 2 years WITH a 250 credit on top.
They doubled the speed for the same price. Yeah right but most people do not use 300 mbps so they are actually playing games and the heavy users are being subsidized.
post #1493 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2019-02-08, 02:49 AM

Shaw did not benefit their company by hiring someone who can barely speak English. However, from my experience, they are so much better than most. I was in a similar position as you were and the person I talked to was one of the best customer service reps I've ever talked to. Plus I'm saving a boatload of money over this next year! I'd suggest calling them again. If you get someone you can't understand either excuse yourself or hang up. And I'd for sure report that guys behaviour to someone higher up the chain. I was really impressed with my latest experience. Too many companies shoot themselves in the foot by hiring people who can't easily communicate in English; it's more than annoying for the customer.
post #1494 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2019-02-09, 02:50 AM
Veteran

I worked things out so I will get a decent deal on Internet 300.

Just got an email with a deal to renew which I am not taking. My deal 24 months ago including tax for tv and internet was 105/mo for 12 and then 140'ish for another 12. Their renewal "deal" was current(140+ a little incl tax) . Not the same as the average of 105+140/2 = 122/mo of the real last deal. That is I guess how it works. Give someone a real good deal for 12 and move on up to an OK deal for the next 12 and then offer the current deal (the OK amount) as the renewal. I prefer the average of the last 24 months not the +15% they have offered.
So new get 50 and then 60 and a 250 credit and renewal get $85 offered for internet and are encouraged to take it now! because it may not be available the next time I talk to them.

I seem to remember going through that a few times when buying a used car and when considering a timeshare!!
post #1495 of 1495 (permalink) Old 2019-07-08, 10:48 PM

SHAW IS THE WORST EVER!!!!!!! AFTER WAITING 40 MINUTES FOR. SOME SALES REP IN INDIA WHO CAN ONLY SPEAK ENOUGH ENGLISH TO TORMENT YOU, HE REFUSED TO LET ME SPEAK WITH THE MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I KEPT REPEATING AND ASKING HIM NICELY UNTIL I FINALLY HAD TO SCREAM INTO THE PHONE, THEN HE STARTED LAUGHING AT ME!
THIS MAN HAS ACCESS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION AND I DO NOT FEEL SAFE KNOWING HE HAS THIS ACCESS.
HE NEVER DID TRANSFER ME OVER!TO A MANAGER.

LAST WEEK i PHONED SHAW TO MAKE A MOVE BU THEY DID NOT HAVE THE ADDRESS ON FILE SO AFTER WAITING 40 MINUTES ON HOLD, I GAVE THEM MY ADDRESS AND THEY TOLD ME TO CALL BACK IN TWO DAYS TO SCHEDULE THE CALL OUT AS THEY DID NOT HAVE THAT ADDRESS ON FILE.

I CALLED BACK TONIGHT SOME 4 DAYS LATER AND THE GUY SAID THE EXACT SAME THING TO ME AS THE LADY BEFORE, "WE WILL NEED TO PUT THIS ADDRESS ON FILE, CALL BACK IN A COUPLE OF DAYS TO SCHEDULE YOUR CALL OUT". i WAS QUITE UPSET SO I ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE MANAGER, AND YOU KNOW HOW THE REST OF THE STORY GOES.

I AM CANCELLING BOTH MY WORK AND MY RESIDENTIAL INTERNET, PHONE, AND TV. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND I HOPE TO GOD THEY SHRIVEL UP AND DIE. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO TREAT PEOPLE THIS WAY EVERY AGAIN!

Last edited by 57; 2019-07-08 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Unnecessary 9-year old quote removed. Shouting and username indicates customer type.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in