Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

In HD: Sopranos - Season Six Official thread

25K views 175 replies 56 participants last post by  nfitz 
#1 ·
Does anyone here know if they've announced when the season premiere is? Tried the official page but didn't see an announcement...all I've seen is March 2006...

#11 ·
Sopranos Season Six on MC and TMN

Actor James Gandolfini stars as Tony Soprano in a drama that peers into the life of a New Jersey Mafia Capo and how he manages his family, his Mob and his own sanity. The Sopranos, winner of 17 Emmy Awards, kicks off its sixth season with rival mob boss Johnny Sack (Vince Curatola) in prison and Tony and his crew dealing with threats from Sack’s surrogates.

Although Tony has moved back in with his wife (Edie Falco), reoccurring family problems and business related stress continue to compel Tony to see his psychiatrist (Lorraine Bracco).

Season six premieres:
  • Movie Central: Sunday, March 12 at 8 p.m. PT
  • The Movie Network: Sunday, March 12 at 9 p.m. ET

#15 ·
TMN has just finished running seasons 1-5 (two episodes per week) and according to Movie Entertainment magazine, it will run a season 1-5 MARATHON every day starting Feb. 8|10pm on MMORE (don't know about HD though). Should be a good refresher!

-Mike

#18 ·
Anyone notice the Soprano's HD channel on BEV (I think 810)? Does anyone know if it is just a promo or are they actually offering this show on it's own for $?

#20 ·
FYI - For those debating ordering...I got a Soprano's promo in the mail yesterday from Bell, saying if I subscribed to MC/TMN I would get the second month free.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
There's tonnes of speculation, theories, and even spoilers over on the forums imdb.com (I've been staying away from the spoiler threads). imdb.com is a good place to go for discussions on the new and past seasons.

Personally my theory is that the series will have to end with the end of Tony's reign. So that would either mean him going upstate or six feet under (that's another great HBO series). The big question is who would take over? Chris, Paulie, AJ, or even Meadow?? Meadow might seem like a stretch but who knows, it could be possible and would be an interesting angle.

P.S. I think a movie version would be lame, and I believe the idea has already been discussed and shot down.

#26 ·
Well the show was a little confusing, but as always, Sopranos moves right along. Many unknown characters. One didn't have a very lengthy stay! I had trouble hearing and understanding the monologue and the contrast on the video appeared dark. Other programs were good all evening. Anyone else have problems?

Loved the cliffhanger at the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.