Creating the Ultimate of Home Entertainment.. lets see what ya got - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 2009-01-05, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Smile Creating the Ultimate of Home Entertainment.. lets see what ya got

Hey everyone..

I'd like to start off saying that you guys are awesome .
I have had this crazy idea in my head for at least 3 years now and I'm willing to bet a good % of you have exactly whats in my head..but in real life.. and the recent 50" addition to my life has made me knowledge crazed on the subject recently..

My thoughts are pretty endless of what I can do (wallets only so big) My hopes are to slowly learn from this thread and this site more over the next 6 months without having to make any big decisions or purchases. (hopefully others will learn new things from this thread as well)

I got 2 rooms in paticular, roughly 16x16ft each, 1 bedroom and 1 office lets say.. bedroom has the plasma and the office has the lcd.
I got a laptop, a home pc, a PS3(blu-ray player?), Rogers Box (getting HD box soon $'$ tight).
Yes this is going to require wiring..( I Know )
I want my home pc (HTPC as you guys may call it) lets say its in the office.. I can turn on either of my 2 tv's, lets say the one in my bedroom and choose vga (hdmi..), and whala there is my pc wireless mouse and KB and im browsing D:/ would also like an additional vga(hdmi?,) hanging from where i see fit in either room, so I can connect my laptop to either tv on the fly... now I will also want to view the computer at the best resolution possible on my tv. seeing as my carreer move was towards a labour intensive job ..I'm not up to speed on computers running through hdmi , which seems normal now?
Continuing on the topic of hdmi and video, I eventually will be getting a rogers HD box, I know they have a pvr system, but I have also seen people just setting up their pcs with pvr software etc.. (maybe someone can expand a little on vga, dvi, hdmi converting etc..)

at this point anything I hav'nt detailed on yet that you have or do on a daily bases that hooks up your life / entertainment life at home.. throw some idea's out there lets get some crazy idea's going, I would love to see pictures and will post some as well.

P.S. nowhere here have I mentioned anything to do with sound.. a sound system has been on my to-do list for 3 yrs but dont want to waste money on a melon of a system, been holding out and would love to hear your recommendations.

With that said here is a list of my gear to date. I'm kinda broke for a bit, this christmas was killer expensive with bills yada yada..

1 of 2 TV's - Onyx Series - 42" LCD HDTV SYTPT4227AB, its 720p/1080i, 1500:1, 10ms, 3hdmi ports. (this was cheap cheap deal and works well as a computer monitor, (watching movies off laptop)

2 of 2 TV's - LG 50PG30 - 50" Plasma 1080p, 1million:1 dynamic, 30k:1 true, 0.1ms. Seems like a great tv, (great deal)

Sony PS3 40GB (blu-ray player?)

In terms of computers.. I have my laptop Acer Aspire 5680-6123, Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0GHZ 2GB 160GB 15.4IN WXGA 7600 DVD+-RW etc..

I used to build pc's years ago for a small company when I was a kid, recently my friend asked me to build him a pc and I decided to upgrade mine as well..

specs; E8500 Intel Duo Core 3.16GHz 6MB/L2, AS Rock 4Core1600-D800 (384MB shared video card onboard (is unfortunate)), 2x Kingston 1GB DDR2 667, WD 500 GB SERIAL ATA 500GB KS SATA II HDD 16MB CACHE.......Enclosed in a decent looking full size ATX, lots of fans.

will post pictures later, tired tomorrow's another day

Thanks in advance and talk to you guys later

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in