Any Graphic Cards Supporting Lossless HD Audio ? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2008-12-31, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Question Any Graphic Cards Supporting Lossless HD Audio ?

I'm looking into building a HTPC but I'm just starting to gather info so please be patient with me !

Is there ANY graphic card that will support the latest HDMI 1.3a video features such as 120 hz, 24p, Deep Color, etc AND the latest HD Audio WITHOUT downsampling (Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio @ 16/24-bit / up to 96.0khz).

From my research, the answer is NO; true ? Any cards coming soon supporting this ?

The info I did find though is that there is one sound card supporting the sound part: the ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 (the Auzentech Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater 7.1 will be out soon also).

If this is true, does that mean that you need to take a HDMI cable from the output of the graphic card and plug it in the HDMI input of the sound card, then take the HDMI output of the sound card and plug it in your AVR ? Can it be done by the interns ?

If this is the setup required for full HD support without compression, what graphic card do you suggest to support all the video HD features ?

Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2009-01-01, 01:16 AM

I think you should hold off a bit especially if you want your HTPC to play Blu-Rays in all their glory.

Now if you are going to rip them to mkv/flac for playback, then you have many more options right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in