Product Page: DIR-655
Security Mode: WPA/WPA2 - Personal
802.11 Mode : Mixed 802.11n and 802.11g
Channel Width : 40MHz
WISH : Active

Video Players tried (all stutter):
ZoomPlayer, VLC, Windows Media Player, GOM Player

I am only about 12 feet away from the Wireless Router
Connecting at 300 mbps but there are fluctuations when I look at network activity in Task Manager

This setup has worked in the past (with a different machine) and at a greater distance (downstairs) but that connection is now hard wired to the LAN

Video play is constantly stuttering
I have tested with several mkv (x264) files of different sizes

Any configuration hints that may help solve this problem?
If any more info is needed about my system or router setup, please specify.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wireless + HD content = very choppy

I did manage the occasional wireless streaming of 1080i recorded OTA content from the office to the kitchen where the 2 rooms were 1 wall away and the antenna had to be perfectly positioned to give perfect signal.

I stream BR/HDDVD as well with 10/100 wired connection. It works very well but I think it is close to the limit.

#3 ·
I tried various settings in the router and nothing helped. Then I found a solution that works fanatastic but is very strange. I switched the Wireless router to transmit G only instead of Mixed G and N and to my surprise, everything plays perfectly now. I did have some router problems a few months ago and I thought updating the firmware fixed it but I suspect there may be problems with it's wireless N functioning. Whatever the reason, I am happy the video is now playing perfectly even if I am only using G capabilities.

#4 ·
Glad you got it working.

My experience with HD and wirless has been like others - choppy! Even with N and divx files which should be the smoothest.

#5 ·
'N' wireless works absolutely perfect for me. I can stream a 1080p mkv file with flac audio without a single blip and still use my pipe for internet browsing at the same time.

Here's the key:

5GHZ channel, I have a seperate wireless network setup with 2 DAP-1522s. One is setup as an Access Point and the other as a Bridge both operating on the 5GHZ channel only.

I'm pushing 10MB per second through the pipe at 80% reception. It's amazing!

I still have my DIR-655 doing 2.4GHZ stuff for my squeeze box and other laptop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.