How to extend into rooms like kitchen, dining room, deck, etc - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 2008-10-17, 01:51 PM

Device to play music from one room wirelessly to another?

Not sure if this is the best forum for this. From my previous post if anyone read it, I have a surround sound system in my living room that's new, then on the 2nd floor in my media loft I have my media centre PC. Does anyone know of an inexpensive device to play music wirelessly so I can play AOL radio or other internet radio in the media loft but have it play simultaneously in the living room?

I don't want one of those fancy things where in the living room I can see my music and such, and I don't want it to be over the network. Basically what I want, is audio coming out of my PC with a 3.5" stereo jack that I'll split. The first split will go into the home theatre in the media loft. What I'm looking for is a second split that would go into a wireless device, with the other end of that in the living room connected to the stereo there. So nothing over 802.11 or anything like that, just strictly wireless, maybe 2.4Ghz RF or whatever not sure, again I just don't want it streaming I just want it to play in both rooms at the same time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 2008-10-17, 02:14 PM
Member #1

Leemoreau, if you search you will find tons of threads discussing in this forum including ths one. Devices exist from Roku, Apple, Scirroco, D-link, Linksys, Buffalo, Slim Devices and so on.

If you don't want a device then just run a cable from your computer to your stereo.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 2008-10-17, 03:21 PM

Sorry don't think you read my question. If you read it I said I want something that transmits over the air, not using WiFi like airport express or d-link products. I said I don't want a device in the living room that lets me see and play music from upstairs, I want the music to play upstairs and play on the downstairs stereo at the same time, something I could achieve with a splitter and cable if they were close by but arent.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 2008-10-19, 10:07 AM
Veteran

How about a simple FM trasnmitter?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in