post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-05-19, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

HTPC and RIP Movie problem

Good morning,

1st my spec:
MB: Asus striker2 formula
CPU: intel duo 8400
Ram: 4 gig Corsaire
Powersup: Antec Quatro 1000w
HD: WesternDigital 1 Tera byte (1 partion for OS and utility 300g, and 1 700g for games and movie)
Video:2 BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 in quad SLI Mode.

My HTPC\gaming computer is finely up and running, Crysis and Frontline Fuel of War look AMAZING on my 55 Sony. Ota Tuner work perfectly'. Dvd,Blueray,HDDVD playback is working great altought i need to calibrate this thing properly.

The problem is when i try to play rip movie from the Harddrive its a no go. I use Power DvD 7.3 (why 7.3? because it support HDDVD playback) 1st i rip my copie of Kingdoom of Heaven. (BD version)with the help of anydvd, to my HD, when i point power DvD to the Movie the ok button stay grey meaning i canot play the movie from the HD.

Whats the solution? Or im i doing something wrong?

Also rip Transformer (HDDVD version) to the HD but this time im using IMGBURN and rip the movie as an ISO ( apparently it save space) and PowerDVD 7.3 this time dont eaven see the ISO on the HD.

Whats the solution for that?

Also is it possible to have Vista media center to play BR/HDDVD with some kind of plugin so it can use Power DVD as a default player?

And last, how or is it possible to download thumbnail picture of movie so when i go play them i can see the picture associated to the movie i like to watch?

Thank you advance i know its a NOOB and long post.

SGR

Jean Claude

Last edited by Jean Claude; 2008-05-19 at 10:09 AM. Reason: adding spec for the HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-05-19, 09:53 AM

I believe that only certain builds of PowerDVD allow playback from the hard drive.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-05-19, 11:42 AM

Jean Claude,-

All of this is doable under 32-bit Vista. Not sure about 64-bit. In fact, I doubt it.
You might want to read SlySoft, TheGreenButton etc. forums.
It isn't exactly a few minutes job to set this all up...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-05-20, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Call me stupid but when i told deamon tools to mount Harrry Potter and the order of the Phoenix ISO and when i try to play it, it play my last ISO that i mount wich is kingdom of Heaven. What i'm I doing wrong?

Jean Claude
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-05-21, 12:05 AM

Make sure you don't mount more than one ISO.
Make sure Kingdom is unmounted.

If it doesn't help - reboot.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-05-21, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Did all that, and delete the virtual drive, put it back , still Kingdom of Heaven start to play instead of any other movie i try.

Jean Claude
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-05-21, 05:19 PM

Just use the drop down selector near the bottom left to select your alternate mounted drive.

Mitsubishi HC1500 projector, 3 FibreOp 2.0 HDTV receivers, Draper 120 inch screen, HD Media PC i7 920, ATI 4800 Radeon.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-05-22, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Update

Part of my problem solve, i can play my iso now but obly thing left is to make My Movie2 start my movie from my library.

When i go into my movie2 , i select movieCollection then i see all the movie i have (ISO) , i choose the movie i want to wach ( Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix), i see the movie name and its collection number wich is 1, the movie info pop up see the cover art and a short synopsis, then i click wach, my movie2, it open a box option asking me to ( Please insert the disk 1 from Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix (collection#1) i click ok, and nothing happen the program play bar stay grey, it looks like deamon tools does not mount the the movie i selected automaticly so it canot be play.

But the other movie that i wach before (Transformer) for lack of better word i wach that movie manualy right after i manualy mount the imge to my virtual drive power dvd started right away.

What step im I missing?
Should my movie2 have unmount Transformers then mount Harry Potter automaticly?
What should i do?

Thank you for helpmg this noob out.
PS i try to read everything i could find to resolv my problem but could not find anything usefull, if you have a link to a step by step setup for these program ( My Movie2, deamon tools lite) il apreciate.

Jean Claude

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in