ATI HD2600 S-Video to Component Pinkish Display Problem - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-04-03, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

ATI HD2600 S-Video to Component Pinkish Display Problem

I have just built myself a new HTPC which includes an ATI Radeon HD2600 and I am using the S-Video to Component cable that was supplied with the card to connect to my SD-LCD TV.

The picture is stable (although I cannot see the whole screen at any of the available resolutions), but the main problem I am trying to resolve is that the display on the TV is all pinky-blue.

I have tried all kinds of settings using the ATI CCC (including color settings), but to no avail.

I am using the latest ATI driver and CCC (v8.471 - driver packaging version). The 2D driver shows to be v6.14.10.6783. This is running under Windows XP Pro SP2.

I have the TV configured as a separate display (i.e., not cloned) and it is the secondary display. I have tried it as the primary display, but this did not resolve the color problem.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Would it perhaps work properly if I used Linux as my OS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-04-03, 09:02 AM

Have you tried hooking it up to another TV?

Tried hooking it up to the TV as a single display?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-04-03, 09:05 AM

A clarification first, the connector on the video card is NOT S-video, it just looks like one.

Are you sure you have the cables connected properly and that the adapter is completely pushed into the video card?

What resolution are you trying to use?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-04-03, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Excuse my lack of clarity, I know technically it is not S-Video as S-Video has 4-pins and what I have has 7-pins.

I have used all the available resolutions, but this is not a resolution problem. The resolutions I have tried are: 1024x768, 800x600, 720x480, 640x480.

Since my initial post I have discovered that on bootup, the colors display correctly when the Windows XP logo displays; however, the login screen and any other subsequent screens are pinkish-blue. So, from this condition I believe that it is the ATI driver that is causing the problem because it is likely the Microsoft generic VGA driver that is being used at the time that the Windows XP logo is displayed.

To support this theory I connected the TV as the only display. Bios displayed the proper colors and so did all of the screens in Safe Mode (including the login screen). So, this is definitely a problem with the ATI drver.

Any suggestions as to why the driver is causing this problem?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-04-03, 03:28 PM
Veteran

Aren't there any colour correction settings in the ATI control panel that you can tweak?

Mike / technut
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-04-03, 04:22 PM

Sometimes if you have the timings/refresh rate set wrong the colours will get distorted because of the way the signals are sampled.

Double check in the advanced timing section that your card isn't set for something like 61Hz by accident.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-04-05, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

I fixed the problem by back-reving the ATI driver to v7.12 (I was using v8.2 previously).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in