OTA & PVR/HTPC, how do you make them work together? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 2008-01-15, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi Stampeder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampeder View Post
That is correct. MythTV runs a MySQL database called "mythconverg", and in it your scanned channels are tracked by their channel number, the PC card/device, and that card/device's inputs if there are more than one (such as RF, S-Video, Composite, etc.). If your system can access the same channel over two or more such cards, the software allows you to prioritize or change the weight of each card/device to prevent conflicts amongst scheduled recordings.
I was partially right though on the rest of what I said... The channel changer script is settable per tuner but is not settable for each tuner type...

For example, it is settable for Hauppauge PVR-x50/500 cards but not for a SiliconDust HDHomerun and it's not directly under the tuner config, it's under "Input Connections" (at least that's what they call it currently but I'm not sure it was always called like that).

BTW, is there such a thing as a Matrix antenna switcher (some kind of switch that lets you chose which antenna you use on a tuner/tv basis) and preferably remote controlllable?

Thank you very much for your help!

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 2008-01-17, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi!

This is not exactly what I was thinking about but is a step in the right direction...

AB2 Remote Control A-B Switch at the following URL
http://www.antennasdirect.com/rotators.html ...

Nick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in