Vista MCE not recognizing BEV 6100 remote - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-10-02, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Vista MCE not recognizing BEV 6100 remote

I hope I can find some help here, I am pulling my hair out. I have built an HTPC and all goes well during setup, till I get to the setup of my STB remote... MCE asks me to press 0 on my STB remote, I get no response. It is set to Satellite but doesn't accept the input. If I switch to TV it recognizes input immediately, but that doesn't help me change channels on my STB. The IR Blaster sensor is placed over the largest "port" on the BEV 6100 - which looks to be the IR sensor. I've tried moving it to no avail. The IR blaster came with my MCE Vista remote. The OS is MS Vista Premium and the tuner card is the Hauppage PVR 500MCE. And yes I rebooted...

Any input is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-10-02, 09:58 PM

Does your remote control the satellite box via IR or UHF? You can test this by going into another room and trying to change the channel. If it changes through a wall, it's UHF. If it doesn't, and requires that you point it right at your satellite box then it's IR.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-10-03, 05:41 PM

6100 uses a UHF remote, although I think it will work with an IR as well
Wait for others to confirm this

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-10-03, 06:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
with my MCE Vista remote
Aren't you trying to set up the MCE Vista remote to control the STB? When you are asked to press 0 on your STB remote, it is only for Vista to "read" the kind of remote your STB uses and match it to the MCE setup.
What happens if you continue with the MCE remote setup after that point? If it is responding to the zero in TV mode, will the setup continue?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in