Media Player 11 album art - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Media Player 11 album art

Does anyone know that if I rip a greatest hits CD, can I put the original album art on the applicable songs without it getting overwritten? Everytime I try, it will allow me to put the original album info on, but then overwrites all the other tracks off the same CD with the album art I just put on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 01:40 PM
Member #1

I thought the album art was just that. One album, one piece of artwork. In other words, each song can't have its own artwork. It's merely a pickup from the album that it was ripped from

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 01:41 PM

do a search for Album Art Fixer. It was ment for MCE but will probably fix MP11.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

media player 11 album art

I agree, but if I wanted to show in the media player the authentic album it was from, even though the cd in this case is a greatest hits package, I was curious to know if I could alter the info on this cd to the original artwork of the actual album. I can change it, but then if I click back to the greatest hits cd, it would change the artwork on that cd to the one I just changed. What I want is let's say there's 5 different albums from which the greatest hits cd comes from, I want to show 5 different album covers...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 02:34 PM

try turning off the option in WMP11 for retrieving information form the internet.

Tools--Options--Library

I think (from memory).
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 02:41 PM
Member #1

bhoward / qs, are you saying that the each song can have its own album art?

Again, I thought the art was only stored at the album level - NOT at the song level. (i.e./ In the database, album was the parent and song was the child and the album art was stored with the parent)

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Well, I tried Album Art Fixer, but it didn't work...I wanted to show the actual album cover so it correlate with the original year released. Eg. if there's songs from the 1980's on a Cd that was released in 1995, to show the correct year it was released. I can do that, but not with the original album cover, and not without all songs from the same CD being overwritten by whichever album I copy and paste. Is it more a copy and paste feature that I'm doing wrong, or can it just not be done?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 03:07 PM

From Memory:

If you use the Find Album info after right clicking on the track you have the choice to apply the found data to just the one track or the entire album.

If you want to use the built in feature of WMP11 searching the internet for the song data then do not apply the changes to the entire album if it first shows up in WMP as a greatest hits album. I am pretty sure I can do this for soundtracks. I will have to check when I get home.

Ex. Soundtrack Last Kiss

When I click Find album info it gives me the Soundtrack and the Artists album it came from (if available).

I could be way off base...will verify when i get home.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 03:11 PM

In MP10, MP11 and MCE, the album art is retrieved from the MP3 itself ... therefore the album art (as well as other info) will be stored in each MP3. If you look up the MP3 tag info (called ID3), you will realized that the MP3 spec was written for each indivifual file. Never ment for "album" processing.

Album Art Fixed will adjust the MP3 tags for MP10/MP11/MCE which include album art, group name, song name, etc etc. It actually works quite well.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 03:15 PM

surenuff

That was not the intent of AAF. But, if a image is not present, you can search for one, save it to your desktop and then use it from there in AAF. I did that with a few albums.

Brian
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 03:19 PM

Ok no need to check when I get home...

I agree about AAF I have used it in the past and it does what it is supposed in a clean easy to understand interface.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-05, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

And I did try that with AAF, but I found it just found flaws in other cd's that have been ripped. I essentially just want to copy and paste manually the original album covers from the greatest hits package, and it works fine on the first album. But when I try it on the second album, that artwork overrides the 1st one and the greatest hits package. Manually speaking, is there a way to show the original album art this way from a greatest hits cd--into the original 5 album covers that they were released as? I realize I'm not making much sense, but nothing seems to be working. Thanks again.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-02-07, 03:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh
are you saying that the each song can have its own album art?
Yes - you can embed album art in each file using ID3 tags if you like. I do that on top of the usual folder.jpg/albumartsmall.jpg files in the folder as then the album art goes with the file if you move just the file to a portable device (iPod) that can display album art. It adds a few Kb to the file, but I don't care.

Cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in