XP Problems Streaming to XBOX - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-11, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

XP Problems Streaming to XBOX

I'm having a little trouble streaming music from my PC to my 360.
Here's the story. PC and 360 are both on my home network. I followed the steps desribed by Microsoft. Used WMP 11, shared my library. Computer recognizes the 360. Everything works fine after setup. Streamed music and video from the PC to the 360, it all worked fine.
Next day, turn on 360, suddenly none of my music shows up. Nothing (that I know of) is different, I didn't change any settings or anything, but now my music library doesn't show up at all on the 360, yet the video still does. Connection is fine. Xbox still showing up on my PC, Xbox still sees my PC, video is there, but music will not show up. I have reconnected a few times, started from the begining, no luck. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-12, 09:14 AM

I think it may be DRM issues but I'm not 100% sure. I've had some songs simply disappear from my hard drive for no reason so now I'm careful to only add non DRM'ed music. Last thing I want is another rootkit fiasco. Also check for updates for WMP 11, I believe there are problems with it and the 360. You may be better off uninstalling it and go back to WMP 10.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-12, 09:29 AM

Check under the windows media connect icon on your computer and ensure that you are sharing the right music folder. The music folder shared by default may not be the one where all of your music is stored, or it may have been unshared by Windows majic....

DOUGGYD - 48" JVC - CRT-RPTV AV-48P575, Pioneer Receiver - VSX-1015TX-S,Athena Speakers, JBL PB10 Sub, XBOX 360, BEV 6120

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-12, 02:48 PM

download Zune software http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/software.htm ,then go in options allow the 360 then go into the system blade of yor 360 unconnect it from your pc them go to media blade select music and it will find your pc and all will be great again. I had to do this, there is a problem with wmp11 but I say they want us to use Zune instead of Itunes.good luck.

Panasonic VT-60,LG 55LW5700,Playstion TV, Fibe Pvr+wireless,YAMAHA RXV-467, .HARMONY 520,XBOX360#5+HD-DVD.PS4
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-13, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks newf. Switching to the Zune software fixed the problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in