Xbox HD-DVD drive on my HTPC question - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-10, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Xbox HD-DVD drive on my HTPC question

I have the Xbox360 HD-DVD drive installed and working perfectly on my HTPC system using PowerDVD Ultra for HD-DVD. So far so good and it looks fabulous on my new 46" Samsung LCD. The PowerDVD software is even working with most of the basic functions on my MS MCE remote so nice little bonus there!

My only main quirk with the setup is that when I pause the King Kong HD-DVD movie (included free with the Xbox drive), after about 15 seconds or so it loads some type of screen saver file from the actual HD-DVD disk itself and I cannot find any way to get it to stop playing and go back to the movie when I'm ready to un-pause the screen. I'm sure it's something silly but this one is completely eluding me. Any ideas? Thanks!

James 8-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-10, 02:48 PM

The screen saver is probably waiting for a keyboard/mouse event brfore waking up. Have you tried moving your mouse or "hit any key to continue"?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-10, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Yep! I've tried everything so far... Nothing responds with the mouse or the remote or the keyboard. It simply keeps looping this screensaver file over and over and I finally just close down PowerDVD and restart it which means then I have to skip chapters to get back to where I was in the movie which is a major annoyance.

I'm sure it is something really stupid but I've looked everywhere for info on this and totally stumped so far. I've heard that HD-DVD has some sort of Picture-In-Picture mode. Could it be something along that line? Works great in every other respect and I'm very pleased with the picture quality I'm seeing so far! Thanks for the response!

James 8-)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-10, 03:06 PM

have you contacted PDVD for help? They may be a known issue for them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-01-10, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

I haven't contacted Cyberlink yet but I guess that's going to have to be the next step. I was hoping it was a simple problem/solution but the longer I play with it the more it seems you might be right and this is a PowerDVD bug. Thanks anyways eh!

J.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in