PC Card OTA Software Problems - MCE, ATI, Avermedia, Etc. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-07-10, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

PC Card OTA Software Problems - MCE, ATI, Avermedia, Etc.

I am currently running Media Center 2005 with ATI HDTV Wonder card. I'm getting full signal on 9-1 but the channel isn't coming in anymore. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. I've tried to add 40-1 but get no signal on that channel. Does anyone know what frequency the channel is actually on?

fish

Roger Cable 3250HD | JVC AV48WP | Panasonic DVDRP-82 | Kenwood VR-509 | XBOX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-07-24, 09:11 PM

There is still a problem with CTVs DTV channel. I get audio-only on 9-1. My ATI card doesn't have any procedure for manually selecting 9-2 or 9-3. I'm deleting this channel from my list for now.
post #3 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-08-22, 01:45 PM

Still seeing a black screen on CFTO

I just picked up my HDTV wonder last weekend and am experiencing the problem reported by poisson and Lex with CFTO. That is, the signal strength on 9-1 and 40-1 is excellent, but there is no sound and the screen is simply black. Other than CFTO, my reception experience is similar to other GTA reports here.

poisson and Lex, did you ever get CFTO working on your HDTV wonders?

post #4 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-08-22, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_sinclair
I just picked up my HDTV wonder last weekend and am experiencing the problem reported by poisson and Lex with CFTO. That is, the signal strength on 9-1 and 40-1 is excellent, but there is no sound and the screen is simply black. Other than CFTO, my reception experience is similar to other GTA reports here.

Must be your card -- because my built-in ATSC tuner on my TV works fine since the PSIP problems were fixed. The only thing I still get wrong is the time and program info -- it only says DTV program.
post #5 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-08-22, 02:12 PM

Quote:

I'm having the same problem with my Avermedia A180. I get signal, but no image or sound. I've mapped to 9-1 with a frequency of 43, I've tried 43-1, -2, -3. Nothing. Other channels come in great.

Ken
post #6 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-08-23, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

I am still having the issue as reported. I'm not using the ATI sofware, I'm using MCE2005. There is an MCE based thread in the HTPC forum if you want to check that one out too.

fish

post #7 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-08-31, 01:22 PM

I'm also still having the same problems with my ATI HD card for CFTO-DT. Audio is there, video is black. It's been like this for a few months.
post #8 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-09-25, 02:07 PM

I've been having lots of problems getting CFTO on my newly-built Windows Media Center PC w/ ATI HDTV wonder card. Most times when I tune the channel it says no TV signal, but sometimes it comes in perfectly. Changing the channel back and forth a few times works on occasion.

Forget about setting up timers for programs

not having any problems receiving it on my other PC w/ the MyHD MDP-130 card

what is CFTO up to?
post #9 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-09-25, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutoz
I've been having lots of problems getting CFTO on my newly-built Windows Media Center PC w/ ATI HDTV wonder card. Most times when I tune the channel it says no TV signal, but sometimes it comes in perfectly. Changing the channel back and forth a few times works on occasion.

Forget about setting up timers for programs

not having any problems receiving it on my other PC w/ the MyHD MDP-130 card

what is CFTO up to?
Must be an ATI issue. My TV is fine. No more issues with CFTO since earlier this year.
post #10 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-09-25, 09:51 PM

Quote:
FYI I have found that using the HDTV wonder and setting the channel as physical channel 40, major channel 9 and subchannel -1 (first available), I am able to tune into CFTO-DT... sometimes. I just keep flicking back and forth until it works. Good enough to get me some Canadian Open golf this weekend anyway.
I don't see where you can even manually set physical, major or subchannels with the ATI software. I got video on CFTO-DT once but I can't get it back now.
post #11 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-09-26, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrac
Must be an ATI issue. My TV is fine. No more issues with CFTO since earlier this year.
Hrrmm, are you (or anyone else) using Windows MCE w/ another card? just curious if it is in fact ati or mce
post #12 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-09-26, 11:27 AM

I'm using the ATI software version 9.1.
post #13 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-09-26, 07:26 PM

ATI HDTV Wonder and CFTO-DT

I have experienced a similar problem. I currently have a problem ticket open with ATI. I'll let you know how I make out.

I also have a Sony KD34XS955 which includes an ATSC tuner. The Sony has no problems with CFTO-DT.
post #14 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-09-26, 10:39 PM

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, found u guys on google.
I recently bought the ATI HDTV Wonder card and everything works just fine, up until a few days ago now im having trouble with ctv, before I would have to switch channels up/down then it would work, now its once in a blue moon i cant get video, otherwise its just audio, no matter which program i use both watchhdtv and ati dtv problem. At least I now know that I'm not the only one.
post #15 of 155 (permalink) Old 2005-09-28, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

It is pretty difficult to try and troubleshoot this problem with the information we have available. I'm glad to see someone was able to open a ticket with ATI for this issue as they don't currently offer support with this product. Hopefully we will see some resolution soon now that CTV is "officially" on the air.

fish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in