Amazon prime video Canada - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave Johnson
  • 2 Post By Dr.Dave

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 2019-02-19, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Amazon prime video Canada

Hi there, I recently bought roku premiere, it is working just fine. But now I need to buy another one and I am wondering which one would be best, Amazon fire tv stick or roku express plus?
Because I notice that many of our Canadian tv station are not available on roku, but it is available on the amazon fire tv stick.

My question is can someone advise me what to buy? And is there a list of all Canadian channel on amazon fire tv stick!

If not authorized to post this please deleted it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2019-02-19, 03:11 PM

Julie I have a couple of Fire Sticks. The four main apps I use on there are Crave, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and YouTube through the Silk Browswer. CTV and Global Apps are also on there. There is no City or CBC Gem. I`m hoping they get added soon. There is no apps on Fire TV Sticks that give you individual Canadian channels that I know of. The one thing I can honestly tell you is my wife loves the Fire Stick over Apple TV. She finds it easier to use. I don't know much about the Roku to compare. Hope this helps.
juliecross007 likes this.

DAVE
Old 2019-02-19, 04:45 PM

Crave is working towards bringing Crave to Roku. I have no idea if that means they are just in the approval stage and when it might be available.
David1953 and juliecross007 like this.

Old 2019-02-25, 10:41 PM

I own a Roku Ultra but I recently purchased a Firestick 4 K and I have to say I like it better already. There are lots of games on it to download like bowling and I love how it has two web browsers and you can bookmark websites and have them on your main screen. My Roku will still be used for my Google Play and Cineplex movie purchases however. If you just want Netflix/YouTube (even IF you want to buy movies) and don’t care about playing games or web surfing get a Roku, if you care about web surfing and games with the same kind of apps get a Firestick. My opinion is a Firestick is better because it has a lot of the same stuff on it as Roku with more to offer but it lacks the Google Play and Cineplex Store apps.

Last edited by wmjfoley85; 2019-02-25 at 11:22 PM.
Old 2019-02-28, 03:43 PM
Veteran

Personally, I don't like the look and feel of the Fire Stick compared to the Roku. And I've certainly had a lot less (if any) stability issues with the Roku. The Fire Stick seems to crash from time to time, and is slower. Though it's a lot cheaper, so perhaps you get what you pay for.

Interestingly the kids also won't touch the fire stick ... always using the Roku. I seldom touch it anymore except for Crave. Stuff like CTV and Space is only on the Fire Stick - but I still have cable, so seldom need to pull it out, and neither have impressive libraries.

CBC Gem has a better library, but isn't on either - and I have to cast my Android to the Roku on occasion. (never figured out how to cast it to the Fire Stick!)

(not sure why this isn't in the streaming forum at https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/217...flix-apple-tv/)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in