Question about ASIN numbers. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2005-06-23, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Question about ASIN numbers.

I was looking at the description for Rory Gallagher's "The Big Guns" on sa-cd.net. It's listed there as a hybrid multi-channel disc. The page says it's available from amazon.ca, but on the amazon site it's only listed as an "audio cd".

So, question. Would the ASIN (which is the same on both sites) be different or the same for a title offered in different formats (SACD vs DVD-A vs CD etc)? Can I safely order this from amazon.ca and know I'm getting an SACD?

Edit: I see this is an Amazon specific identifier. I thought this was some ISBN type id for music. Guess I have to get a hold of someone at Amazon to find this out.

A bottle of red... ooooh a bottle of white... whatever kind of mood you're in tonight...

Last edited by David_Hanlon; 2005-06-23 at 02:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2006-04-13, 10:36 AM

Location: Toronto, Ontario (Rogers, Oppo 103, Sony S590, Denon 2809, Panasonic AE3000, Carada 2.35 120 in.)
I know this answer is a year late (!!) but I have frequently done searches for CDs (especially SACDs) on amazon.com, then used the asin to find the same item on amazon.ca. Even though the description on amazon.ca indicates only "audio CD", when I order it, it is in fact the SACD. Amazon.ca's search engine is really crappy!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in