anyone with Slingbox Pro-HD have issues with just CP24 stuttering? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2014-08-27, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

anyone with Slingbox Pro-HD have issues with just CP24 stuttering?

Odd. Had a Slingbox SOLO, everything was great. Streamed in house at around <5000kbps. No issues with stuttering. Solo died (just power light, can't reset. Tried two aftermarket AC adapters, still nothing. When I have time will try and change capacitors).

Anyway, just got a factory refurbished Slingbox PRO-HD from tigerdirect cause it was relatively cheap. Everything seems fine so far, all channels except one stream fine, at about <8000kbps.

...BUT... CP24 always stutters, skips and optimizes. I even chose a lower setting and still the same??? I'm taking a wild guess but thinking that all those different video boxes, scrolling text, etc, are proving too much for the slingbox to encode???

Anyone else have an issue with just this channel? And is my next step on the SOLO to replace the capacitors? I opened the SOLO up and I don't see any bulging tops - but what other option do I have now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2014-08-27, 03:50 PM

Hi. No CP24 stuttering here on either of my Pro-HDs. I hope you enjoy your Sling otherwise cause it's one hell of a convenient device.

Try switching between component-composite-SVIDEO inputs just for kicks and see if the stuttering persists.

Going nowhere @ 220 ft
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2014-08-29, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Well seems to be fixed not sure what changed moved box to cooler location rebooted and reigned cables all good with my refurbished pro hd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in