Netflix problem on Sony blu-ray S370 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2013-09-03, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Netflix problem on Sony blu-ray S370

Hi,
We have a Sony blu-ray player, model S370. We've been using it for Netflix, but it's been messed up for a few months now. The show listings on the sony are completely messed up. Searches don't find shows that are supposed to be there (which we can see on our computers), shows that do appear say they can't be streamed (but we can stream them from our computers). Maybe 1 out of 10 shows actually plays. I've tried to reset the player but this also seems impossible. I do the factory reset, but it still manages to remember my netflix account. Obviously it never truly resets to the factory settings.

If anyone has some suggestions on what I can do, I'd appreciate it. I don't really want to spend $100 on another device when I already have one that is supposed to work.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2013-09-04, 10:15 AM

I recently had a problem with a Sony TV accessing Netflix with the app. It would hang as if the app wouldn't load properly (even though it passed the "loading" screen).

I unplugged the TV and let it sit for 10 min. to ensure all power was removed. This removes all app from active memory......and voila, the Netflix app now works as previous.

I hope it helps. BTW I believe that Sony may have one of the worst implemented Netflix apps available. No CC available is terrible.

EC

Tags
blu-ray player , netflix , sony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in