Zotac ZBOX-ID41-U - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2012-05-12, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Zotac ZBOX-ID41-U

The Zotac ZBOX-ID41-U looks like a decent entry level system for HTPC. Just add a 2.5-inch hard drive and 2x204-pin DDR3-800 SO-DIMM and it should be ready to go. It will reportedly run MythTV as well as Windows 7. A cheap USB MCE remote should enable remote control operation.

At 20 I had a good mind. At 40 I had money. At 60 I've lost my mind and my money. Oh, to be 20 again. --Scary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2012-05-13, 09:57 AM
Rookie

Bob,

Last year I redid my whole media setup based on the Zotac Mini Desktops and have been running a combination of MythTV and XBMC. Very high WAF factor. Only issue is the remotes that came with the USB dongles, not very high on WAF, so am still looking for the 'perfect' remote.

My setup

XBMC Frontend's
Zotac Mini PC MAGHD-ND01-U
Zotac Zbox HD-ND01

XBMC Frontend and MythTV Backend
Asus AT3IONT-I Deluxe with HVR2250 and HVR950 for OTA HD recording.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2012-05-14, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I've had mixed success with HTPC remotes. Bought a couple off eBay that works OK and a couple that didn't. One was branded PCRemote. It works OK and only cost about $5. Another, $10 remote, branded ASUS works very well. Unfortunately, they have been unavailable for some time. I ordered a second but never received it. (There is a different remote advertised as ASUS but it doesn't work well and is not branded ASUS on the remote itself.) I also used a Hauppauge remote briefly. It also worked well but belonged to a tuner card I no longer have.

At 20 I had a good mind. At 40 I had money. At 60 I've lost my mind and my money. Oh, to be 20 again. --Scary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in