Having problems with guide in windows media center? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2011-12-20, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Having problems with guide in windows media center?

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share a quick OTA tip for windows media center. When I setup my OTA earlier this year media center informed me that guide data was not available for digital channels in my region. I don't know if this is a maritime thing or all of Canada, but I was able to get a guide by mapping the info from the old analog channels that were still showing up. About a month ago my Global guide info disappeared. I could only assume the others would go that way soon enough. If you are having this issue...here is how to get around it.

Go to the tv setup menu and select setup tv signal.

Choose let me setup manually

Choose cable

Choose analog cabe AKA no digital set top box.

Let windows import that guide data.

Now choose setup another tuner and choose your digital tuner.

Let media center scan for digital channels.

Now if your digital channels do not have guide data right click on the channel and click edit.

Choose edit guide settings

Copy data from the appropriate channel on the cable guide.

Lastly you can edit your channels and disable all the cable channels that you don't have so you don't have to see them in your channel list.

Now you should have guide data for all your digital channels! I hope this helps anyone going through the frustration of not having their guide data.

Cheers!

Hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2012-01-10, 06:02 PM

Just over the last couple days I have been having trouble with my guide. I'm using WMC on Vista and this have been running fine. I have it set-up with a US ZIP code and then manually added in addition channels. I had guide info for every channel available to me except CTV 2, which I was pretty happy with. I'm on dial-up and roughly once a week I would connect and get the updated guide info. Then it just stopped working. It would connect to the internet and say that it was getting the guide info but would stay at 0%. I tried going through and setting up the guide again, but it won't even let me do that. When I went into the "about guide settings" it says there is "no guide listings available"
ID = 0
Version = 0

Any suggestions? thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in