Well it'll be a week tomorrow since we cut the cable and I have to say so far so good.
* I missed throwing Sportscentre on in the morn before work but soon found alternatives - ipad sports apps etc.
* We've blown our 95 Gb limit with Rogers this week. This includes a lot of Netflix time from the xmas holidays so we really won't know what our true usage will be w/o cable until next month. We spent a lot of our free time during the holidays with Netflix
* Hulu Plus is getting a good work out on the PS3. The only real drag in this area is CBS is not a Hulu partner and not all Hulu shows can be streamed to the PS3 that are available on the website... There are enough for it to be annoying.
* With the advice of a few guys in this thread I did a massive amount of OTA research and got my big toe wet with it. I've posted details over in the OTA threads: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...78#post1211278
* The only time the Rogers set top when on this week was for my wife to watch recorded shows and I checked in to Setanta on the weekend. Our cable doesn't officially end until mid Feb.
So it's going good. I think we're going to be fine, can't see us going back, we're actually having fun getting it all setup. Interesting enough, Netflix USA is what's actually getting most of our primetime "hours" now. My sports fix was attended to by CBC HD OTA on Saturday for hockey and tonight I had CTV OTA on to watch the NFL games. We're going to use CTV OTA to record as many of the CBS shows as we can as they aren't big on the streaming from their website (last 1-2 episodes only, no hulu etc). Our tv watching schedule is quite erratic so websites that only have 1-2 recent episodes doesn't really work well for us. That's where Hulu Plus comes in, fair amount of the shows have all the current season available, as does Netflix of course.