Maybe it's because they don't change very often. Assuming I used the correct command the last time it was changed was in 2007...
A US LP Power) station my parents get is on channel 52...
moot I guess, since Canada still uses them too.
I wonder if there might be a reason for keeping these...
I can't think of any reason, at least not in North America
Usually if they can identify the card and the tuner involved correctly they can accommodate this without too much trouble.
Apparently not so in this case.
Did send an email to one of the developers of that driver though,
with details of the issue I found.
On the linux-media ML or directly?
Directly, he seemed to think it may have incurred some regression.
he thinks it might be in the em288x driver (USB-DVB)...
since several popular Hauppage boards use the same Samsung demodulator chip,
without issue. Said he has some other boards with the same 2 chips he can test with...
PS- I think what I'll do is add another list to frequencies.c with what
works for me, give it a new name, and re-compile. Rather than modify
theirs. Never know, someday I might have a diff tuner.
That might be the best thing to do for now I guess...
Compiled fine, but didn't work. I think there must be another module,
related to the actual scanning that would need to be modified also. I can choose my list, no problem in one menu. but then ya go to the dialog where ya actually scan, it's not there. It's working anyhow, since I just realized ya can just import ur channels.conf
Still would be nice to use the built in scanner...plug away at it as I have time.