Windows 7 Media Center in Canada (ATSC, QAM, Logos) - Page 33 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #481 of 488 (permalink) Old 2020-02-05, 06:59 AM

I've been using MediaPortal 1.x for the last several years. I have it installed on my main server for recording using SchedulesDirect for guide data and a combination of 4 ATSC 1.0 tuners and an HD-PVR capturing the few cable channels I receive with my package. For clients, I use a Windows 10 PC with MediaPortal in the living room, and use Kodi with the MediaPortal TV plug-in on a bunch of Raspberry Pi 3's for the kids' TV's.

It works quite well and has been stable for years (outside of the flakiness of the HD-PVR at times).

Just throwing this out there as an option to anyone needing to move away from MCE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 488 (permalink) Old 2020-02-16, 12:06 PM

I've been monitoring the guide data and there hasn't been a successful update until yesterday afternoon. However the guide has lots of missing programs causing many programs to be shifted earlier in the schedule and making the guide unusable. I don't know if that's true for all lineups, but you should check yours if you still use Microsoft data. I tried to force an update this morning and the Media Center log in Event Viewer says the EpgListings package is already up to date.

For those looking for a completely free alternative to get guide data for WMC, the following have recently been updated:
1. EPG Collector
2. xmltv-to-mxf by Ray Douglass

More info is available at: https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums...12558&start=60
post #483 of 488 (permalink) Old 2020-02-16, 01:25 PM

Right, a manual update gives me guide data out to the 27th, but it gets squirrelly, to use the technical term.

post #484 of 488 (permalink) Old 2020-02-26, 09:47 AM

Microsoft data is available until March 8 and the times are correct!

My Schedules Direct free trial data runs out today, so I thought I'd check my Microsoft data and it automatically updated as soon as I rebooted.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2020-02-26 at 12:32 PM.
post #485 of 488 (permalink) Old 2020-02-26, 03:23 PM

You lucky pup. Not happening for me (yet?).
post #486 of 488 (permalink) Old 2020-02-26, 05:35 PM

@morningwood have you tried forcing an update? If that doesn't help, it might just be that your lineup hasn't been updated yet.
post #487 of 488 (permalink) Old 2020-02-26, 11:04 PM

Tried forcing an update a few times both when you posted and again just now. Still no joy.
post #488 of 488 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Joy! Forced update now takes me out to March 8th, 7 PM.
Dr.Dave likes this.

Tags
wmc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in