PS3 Media Server - Tversity Killer? - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-10-04, 12:25 PM

i am running a core i7 920 with 6gb of ram, running win7 (legit msdn account) and haven't had any issues at all, unless i'm grabbing something off usenet, over 1600k/s.... if i limit my downloading to 1600k/s, it's okay, but when it gets up over that (15mbps internet, download off usenet regularly/sustained at 2mb/s) it gets a bit choppy, but thats the 100bT router....

although recently, and i don't know why, but it has had some stuttering issues, and that's with tv rips, so i don't know what the deal is there.... that's only been happening for 2 days, so i dunno...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-10-04, 04:05 PM

Vista home premium SP2 on a 1.9GHz AMD Turion64X2 laptop with 2 GB or RAM. My PS3 is hardwired to it. No problems with any files. Wireless through the N router causes a few stutters after 20 minutes or so.
post #78 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-12-30, 11:04 AM
Rookie

No muxing with PS3mediaserver?

I am currently using Tversity. I ripped Transformers 2 with AnyDVD - HD. The m2ts file streams in beautiful HD, although the audio is in a foreign language because the PS3 can't decode the HD audio file so it finds the next available audio file it can play -(which is the foreign language). I have been told I will have to use tsmuxer to convert the HD audio to AC3 which the PS3 can decode.

It is my understanding that PS3mediaserver will be able to stream that HD audio file in english without using tsmuxer. Is this a true statement? If that is the case I will switch to PS3mediaserver immediately. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post #79 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-12-30, 05:28 PM

No- PS3MS will not trans code the audio-- I have had the same problem. To solve I have used tsmuxer to choose the correct audio track from the ripped Bluray.

There are a number of great GUI's that will merge the video and audio into MKV's to stream to the PS3. This is where PS3 MS is better than Tversity. I used to use Tversity, but now only use PS3MS. I stream full 1080p movies from my desktop on a wired network-

Good luck

Shaw Direct DVR830 / DVR 605/ 605, Sony Xbr65" 950E", Sony XBR4 850d, Oppo 980H, Yamaha 7.1 Surround, PS4! WDLive
post #80 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-12-31, 11:44 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to convert the DTS-HD file into AC3 and mux it back into my video file. It plays flawlessly 5.1 surround.

Now I have heard that the PS3 can stream regular DTS, not DTS-HD or TrueHD. I can mux the regular DTS file with the m2ts video file, although when I stream I get no audio. I know there is a way to trick the PS3 in playing the DTS just don't know the steps. If anyone can help that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in