PS3 Media Server - Tversity Killer? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-02-02, 09:51 AM

Great software. I got so sick of Tversity disconnecting as my comp is on a different floor of the house. Now I don't need to keep climbing the stairs to fix it. A+

God Help Me! I Can't Stop Buying Electronics!
My DVD Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-02-02, 01:19 PM

A little off topic, but

I want to know if there is anyway to view the PS3 menu via a computer.

I can view and run my Denon 3808 thru my computer. Is this an option with the PS3?

Reason is I dont want to fire up my LCD projector just to be able to navigate the PS3 menu to play music.
post #33 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-02-02, 01:22 PM
Member #1

Please lets stick to the topic at hand which is the PS3 media server. Questions about remote access to the PS3 can be asked in the Video gaming forum.

post #34 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-02-04, 08:17 PM

1.04 is out
http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list

Quote:
. New option to enable video copy on ps3
. RAW images thumbnail support: CR2/CRW/PEF/NEF/ORF/SRF/MRW/DNG/ARW/RAF
. New extensions supported: SHN/M2V/M2P
. tsMuxer engine can now mux or reencode in AC3/PCM all audio tracks in real time
. Add the experimental mencoder build for multicore on OSX
. DVR-MS remuxer now included by default in Windows package
. New translations: Spanish (thanks to Jose from playstationhoy.com), Dutch (thanks to Vincent Meylof), German (thanks to Jeuki), Russian (thanks to Peter Klassen), Polish (thanks to Maciej Bocian), Greek (thanks to Alexander Polichroniadis), Portuguese (thanks to Hugo Sousa), Finnish (thanks to Ove Sentlig), Norwegian (thanks to Ball80 and Topguy), Swedish (thanks to Dusan Ilic) and Japanese (thanks to Yu)

- Fixes

. tsMuxer's AC3/LPCM encode/muxing + Mencoder's LPCM remuxing now working on Linux
. Fixed LPCM seeking issue
. Fixed regression with PicasaWeb images feed
. Changes in subtitles loading / Fonts support (Default/ASS/Embedded Fonts)
. Fixed channels order with tsMuxer engine's DTS->AC3 option
. Transcode buffer wasn't fully released after end of video
. Fixed bug with shared folders selection on Windows
. Fixed periodic alive messages sent to ps3
. Better dvr-ms media info retrieval
. Updated ffmpeg/mplayer/mencoder/mt builds on Windows and OSX (slight H264 speedup for singlecore)
. Buffer issues with transcoded audio files lasting more than 10 minutes
. Fixed RSS parsing with some feeds
post #35 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-02-09, 06:22 PM

somewhat interesting.... if you find a cover art jpg for a movie, and name it exactly the same filename as the movie, with a .cover.jpg at the end, it will show that in the xmb instead of the filmstrip icon.

ex:
Flash.of.Genius.2008.DVDRip.XviD.AC-FLAWL3SS.avi
Flash.of.Genius.2008.DVDRip.XviD.AC-FLAWL3SS.avi.cover.jpg

shows the jpeg in the xmb.
post #36 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-02-25, 03:41 PM

Great program. Love it! But I find it very slow when displaying the files in a folder. For example if I have a lot of pictures in a folder it takes forever to come up with the thumbnails. and as you scroll down it refreshes very slow. Is this normal? This goes for the video files as well but not an issue since I don't have more than a dozen or so files. As far as playinf files there are no issues keeping up with the steaming. This basically means that I can't use it for pictures or music much and I have to keep Twonky active for that.
post #37 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-02-28, 05:12 PM
Veteran

Tversity keeps the location of the video file even when you back out to the XMB on my PS3. So when you go back to the video, the movie picks up from where you left off.

But with this PS3 MEdia Server, it always restarts from the beginning.
post #38 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-03-14, 04:20 PM

Hi,

PS3 Media Server suddenly doesn't work for me anymore, it was working fine when I first downloaded it but there is now an update and I can't seem to get it to install properly and the program can't find PS3 either now.

I am getting the message at the end of the update that says "Must download before run".

TVersity still works fine for me and I have not made any changes to neither PS3 or the Media Server

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sharp D64u 42" & 46" , PS3 , Toshiba Qosmio G40, Yamaha 6130B, Energy Take Classic
post #39 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-03-14, 05:57 PM
Premium Supporter

resume play

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
Tversity keeps the location of the video file even when you back out to the XMB on my PS3. So when you go back to the video, the movie picks up from where you left off.

But with this PS3 MEdia Server, it always restarts from the beginning.
Hmm, works fine for me...I've even switched PS3 users (logged out as me and logged in as my roommate) and the video resumed in the same place.

Not sure what to suggest.
post #40 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-03-14, 07:35 PM
Veteran

used it today... Way better and simpler then tvercity

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #41 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-03-14, 07:38 PM
Veteran

Frosty: that error happen to me its about the updated version, i just downloaded the new version and installed it, i think its built in auto update does not work right

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #42 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-03-14, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

New update 1.10.51 is out. I am really liking the new DTS patching feature that allows direct streaming of DTS / DTS-HD audio to my receiver. No more transcoding DTS to ac3. Awesome!
post #43 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-03-15, 10:54 PM

I installed today, and this is way better than TVersity. I like that I can stream from the ts folder.

Couple questions:
I get the odd stutter while streaming a movie. I have a AMD athlon 3200+, 512mb ram, and 2.2ghz. do I need to upgrade? FAQ said it should be fine for regular DVD;s. I cannot run any other programs while streaming, computer freezes.

I ripped Batman, and it has subtitles on, and no option to turn them off. anyone else have this problem?

other than that great program. maybe I should look at building a new PC.

thanks
post #44 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-03-16, 09:10 AM

You need way more RAM than 512MB. No wonder your PC is stuttering and freezing on you, it's writing to disc during streaming because all your RAM is used up running your OS and background applications. Throw in 2 Gigs and you'll see a considerable improvement in performance.
post #45 of 80 (permalink) Old 2009-03-22, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT gearhead View Post
You need way more RAM than 512MB. No wonder your PC is stuttering and freezing on you, it's writing to disc during streaming because all your RAM is used up running your OS and background applications. Throw in 2 Gigs and you'll see a considerable improvement in performance.
worked like a charm, added 2 gig.

My dvd drive died, so gotta get a new one of those.

when the dvd is ripped why does it not have subtitle options through the ps3? I cannot get the subtiltes off on Batman Begins.

thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in