Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Windows 7 Media Center in Canada (ATSC, QAM, Logos)
View Single Post
post #463 of (permalink) Old 2020-01-02, 11:03 PM
Michael DeAbreu

NextPVR

A year ago I tried to Kodi with NextPVR but couldn't get it to work. Maybe I've been more motivated since the end of WMC. So far, NextPVR + Zap2xml has been a less functional, but satisfactory replacement. It works quite well without the Kodi or another fancy front end.

I think that the WMC hack I'm using has prevented any Win10 updates since my original install of v1703. Or, it could just be a problem with my Dell Studio XPS 8100. Anyways, the Creator's edition is past it's end-of-life support so I want to upgrade the OS which will probably kill the WMC hack.

It bothers me to scrape Zap2It for the EPG. But I am a cheap bastard. Normally, nextPVR updates the guide every night. I setup a separate task to run Zap2xml every 5 days to politely limit the number of requests. Hopefully the sudden influx of WMC orphans doesn't spur then to shutter their service.

Sony Bravia XBR 55X900F, Vizio SB3651, Dell Studio XPS 8100, AMD 5450, 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250, ASUS BC-12B1ST, Windows 10

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome