Exid0r
Premium Supporter

@Dr.Dave

Excerpt from Bloomberg article (my bold):

Disney to Show New Streaming Service at April [11] Investor Day

By Christopher Palmeri
January 18, 2019

Quote:
Walt Disney Co. will show off its highly anticipated Disney+ streaming service at an April 11 investor meeting, providing a peek at a platform that will challenge Netflix Inc. head on.

The service, which will include original movies and TV shows from Disney’s Marvel, Pixar and other brands, is scheduled to debut later this year. It will be a third, more family-focused streaming service, on top of Disney’s existing ESPN+ and Hulu, which will soon be majority owned by the Burbank, California-based entertainment giant.

Excerpt from Deadline Hollywood (Deadline.com) article (my bold):

Disney-Fox Deal Primer: The Ins And Outs Of Hollywood’s Mega Merger

by Dade Hayes
March 18, 2019

Quote:
Q: What will change at Hulu?

A: Under Disney’s majority control, the streaming platform first launched in 2007 will become the third prong in the company’s attack on the streaming market. Unlike the family-friendly Disney+, launching late in the year, or the sports-centric ESPN+, Hulu will likely become a vehicle for older-skewing and edgier content, from Deadpool to Fox Searchlight titles, on top of current and future Hulu originals. In January, Hulu announced 48% year-over-year subscriber growth and now has more than 25 million, and that’s all in the U.S. Iger has told Wall Street that Disney’s management team will meet with the Hulu board and minority owner Comcast after the close to advocate for increased content investment and international expansion, both measures aimed at keeping the company competitive with Netflix.

So, I guess we will find out for sure on April 11, 2019.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome