Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell Media Specialty Channel 2018-19 schedules

42K views 204 replies 14 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread will discuss the schedule updates for the Bell Media Specialty Channels for the 2018-19 broadcast year. Here is an alphabetical list of Bell Media Specialty Channels, including French channels:

Animal Planet, BNN Bloomberg, Bravo, Canal D, Canal Vie, Cinépop, Comedy, CP24, CTV News, CTV News Channel, Discovery, Discovery Science, Discovery Velocity, E!, ESPN Classic, Gusto, Investigation, Investigation Discovery, MTV, Much, RDS, RDS INFO, RDS2, Space, Super Écran, TSN, VRAK, Z

I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press releases as well as series renewals and cancellations as they are announced. I don't usually post on-going episode information, repeats, program descriptions or "PR-speak," so if you want more info, you can click on the associated link in the post. I don't post sports news since that is best discussed in the sports forum.

EDIT: I created a separate thread for Crave Schedules Including HBO, Starz, Showtime and Movies, which will contain future posts for HBO, the former The Movie Network and TMN Encore.

#108 ·
"Just a reminder that Bell Media is distributing the HBO, Showtime, Starz and movie highlights as part of the Crave press release around the end of each month as part of the "all new Crave." I decided to post this link to the January highlights until people get used to the idea."

Dr. Dave is it okay to talk about shows in that thread? I saw your Crave info there but then came here to talk about Doctor Who b'cuz I thought that thread was only talking about Crave itself. But if you are not going to post schedules here anymore then can we talk about shows in the other thread? Sorry not trying to make more work for you! Post wherever is good for you, I appreciate it! You always give us lots of good info!

#110 · (Edited)
@gbamber The link to the summary in the Crave thread is in post 105 of this thread. Whenever I post a press release summary, I try to post the link to the original in case people want to read more.

I post the schedules for these shows in the Crave thread because Bell Media now distributes them as part of the "new Crave." They are part of that press release, identified by separate subheadings.

@Bayguy It's OK to talk about the premium channel shows (Crave 1-4 and HBO) in either thread. I usually post general news about the shows in this thread since most people still subscribe through their TV provider. I will continue to post schedules and news for other Bell Media specialty channels like Space in this thread.

I confirmed that Space will run a marathon of Doctor Who season 11 starting at 9 AM ET on Jan. 1 preceding the New Year special "Resolution" 8:00 - 9:30 PM ET. The special will be repeated twice in the evening/overnight.

#111 ·
Space just issued a new Press Release

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Season 2
Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET on Space, beginning January 17. Streams Fridays at 8 p.m. ET on Crave, beginning January 18.
Season 1 of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY is available to stream now on Crave as part of the STAR TREK Collection, which also includes STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES, STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, STAR TREK: VOYAGER, and STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE.

DOCTOR WHO – “Resolution” *New Year’s Day special episode*
Premieres Tuesday, Jan. 1 at 8 p.m. ET
Leading up to the premiere of the festive special, Space airs the NEW YEAR, NEW DOCTOR marathon, giving viewers the chance to catch up on Jodie Whittaker’s first season as the traveling Time Lord, beginning 9 a.m. ET on January 1.
Seasons 1-10 of DOCTOR WHO are available to stream now, exclusively on Crave. Season 11 and “Resolution” stream exclusively on Crave beginning June 2019.

DEADLY CLASS Season 1 *Series Premiere*
Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET, beginning January 16 (10-episodes, hour-long series) DEADLY CLASS streams exclusively on Crave following its broadcast run on Space.

STAN AGAINST EVIL Season 3
Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET and 10:30 p.m. ET, beginning January 17

----

SHOWTIME released a teaser for Season 4 of their hit drama BILLIONS today and confirmed that the series will return with new episodes on Sunday, March 17 at 9 p.m. ET (Season 4 also debuts on March 17 on Crave).

In the lead-up to the Season 4 Premiere, viewers can catch up on Season 1-3, now streaming on Crave.

Crave Press Release

I expect Billions will continue to be shown on the Crave TV channels. (formerly TMN)

#115 ·
The Comedy Network Stand-Up Specials and Series

TREVOR NOAH @ JFL: VOLUME 1 (premiering Jan. 8 at 10 p.m. ET/PT):
TREVOR NOAH @ JFL: VOLUME 2 (premiering Jan. 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT):

THE STAND-UP SHOW WITH KATHERINE RYAN (premiering Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 10 p.m. ET), 8 episodes.

Full episodes of TREVOR NOAH @ JFL and THE STAND-UP SHOW WITH KATHERINE RYAN are available on demand on TheComedyNetwork.ca following each premiere and will be available on Crave after their broadcast run.

See the full press release for comedians featured in each episode.

#116 · (Edited)
The brand-new season of MOONSHINERS premieres Wednesday, January 2 on Discovery U.S. (Discovery U.S. Press Release) Discovery Canada will show a marathon of last season on Dec. 26. The show page says "SEASON PREMIERE JAN 23 9 ET," but I don't know if that's up to date.

An all-new season of HOMESTEAD RESCUE premieres Wednesday, January 2 on Discovery U.S. (Discovery U.S. Press Release) Discovery Canada will show a marathon of past episodes on Dec. 29.

#118 ·
Adam Savage will return to television as host of MythBusters Jr., when the new Science Channel series premieres on January 2. (Science Channel U.S. Press Release) The ten-episode series will be shown on Discovery Canada at 8 PM ET beginning Monday, January 7.

----

GOLD RUSH: WHITE WATER returns for a second season on January 4 on Discovery U.S. (Discovery U.S. Press Release) Discovery Canada will show a marathon of season 1 on Monday, December 31 and again on Saturday, January 5. Season 2 starts on Monday, January 7 at 10 PM ET.

#120 ·
I was just about to post the TBS Angie Tribeca press release. Comedy Network is showing the first 11 seasons of Big Bang until Jan. 6, and they haven't scheduled Angie Tribeca in the next 2 weeks. The Angie Tribeca show page has said season 4 coming soon since the fall, so they do plan to show the series.

#123 · (Edited)
A one-hour Busy Tonight Live: Golden Globes After Party will broadcast live Sunday, January 6th at 11:00pm ET, immediately following The Golden Globe Awards. Busy Tonight, hosted by Busy Philipps, will return with a new 11:00p timeslot beginning Monday, January 7 on E! Canada. (E! U.S. Press Release)

----

THE CIRCUS returns for its fourth season on Sunday, January 27 on SHOWTIME. (Showtime Press Release) The series is available in Canada on Crave TV channels and on the basic Crave streaming service.

----

EDIT: The 10-episode reboot of Temptation Island will premiere on Tuesday, January 15 at 10 PM ET on E! Canada, same time as USA Network. (USA Network Press Release)

#127 ·
I happened to notice that Bravo replaced CSI Miami on Wednesdays with Unforgettable. The first 7 episodes of season 1 were on yesterday, with 7 more next week and 6 after that (Suits begins that week.) All 4 seasons of the series are unlocked and available for streaming at CTV.ca.

----

Snoop Dogg Presents The Joker's Wild to Return on January 23 on TNT, Encore on TBS. (U.S. Press Release) The show page is still on Much, but the series isn't on the schedule yet.

----

Much confirmed the following premieres:

Drunk History - Premieres Tuesday, January 15 at 10E/7P
Corporate Season 2 - Premieres Tuesday, January 15 at 10:30E/7:30P
Broad City Final season - Premieres Thursday, January 24 at 10E/7P

The first episode of Deadly Class is now available for free streaming at Space.ca.

#128 ·
Season 8 of GAME OF THRONES includes six episodes and airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT beginning April 14 on HBO and Crave. (Press Release)

----

CORNER GAS ANIMATED returns for Season 2 this spring, only on The Comedy Network. See the press release for guest appearances.

----

According to Zap2it Bravo Canada will show 2 episodes of Project Runway: All Stars on Wednesdays at 8 PM ET, starting tomorrow (post Jan. 2.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.