Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Rogers Atlantic Programming and Packages Discussion

20K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  Tridus 
#1 ·
This thread is to discuss programming and packages available from Rogers in Atlantic Canada.

This is the thread to post in if you are investigating changing your programming on Rogers or investigating what is available on Rogers.

#28 ·
Stingray Videos will be remove from Popular TV package on January 1st.

I just receive this from this month's bill. Just to give a warning to others that have the same package and didn't see the note.

----
"TV CHANNEL REMOVALS
From time to time, we adjust our channel lineups to reflect the changing viewership
trends of our customers. As of January 1, 2019, Stingray Juicebox, Stingray RETRO,
Stingray LOUD, and Stingray VIBE will no longer be in your TV package. In addition, at the
discretion of the programmer, BBC Kids will also cease operations as of this date and will
no longer be available in your TV package.
The rest of your Rogers TV package will remain the same. If you would like to respond to
this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your TV service, please
call us at 1-888-ROGERS1. Thank you for choosing Rogers."
----

What I don't understand is I do have Stingray Loud, Vibe and Juicebox. But I never had Stingray Retro (I wish I did) and BBC Kids (wish CBBC was available in Canada instead). The only one I will miss is Juicebox. I love all day music channels. If it still available later, I might add it back with one of those small theme packs.

And like always, I'm guesting that the price I pay will stay the same without replacing the channels. So I'll pay the same for less...

#32 ·
The link work if you use Google to access it.

here the text from the link:

---
Rogers tells customers it's dropping four Stingray channels

Just part of negotiations, though
TORONTO – Within its most recent bills to some of its cable TV customers, Rogers Communications noted that as of January 1, 2019, their roster of channels will be a little lighter.

“From time to time, we adjust our channel lineups to reflect the changing viewership trends of our customers. As of January 1, 2019, Stingray Juicebox, Stingray Retro, Stingray Loud and Stingray Vibe, will no longer be in your TV package,” reads the note at the bottom of the bills.

All four music video channels are ones which Stingray purchased from Bell Media in 2016.

“Rogers’ decision to send out this notice to a small number of subscribers is (in our view) part of Rogers ongoing negotiation with us towards the conclusion of a long-term blanket agreement covering a suite of Stingray services,” said Stingray’s senior vice-president of marketing and communications Mathieu Peloquin in an email to Cartt.ca.

“The music video channels in question are currently offered by Rogers only a-la-carte to a small number of subscribers – and only in standard definition. As part of our negotiations, we anticipate that these same channels will soon be distributed on Rogers’ broadly distributed tiers – and in high definition. We are currently making significant inroads with these same channels on Bell, Telus, Vidéotron and Shaw. We expect that our distribution of these music video channels (and our new French offerings) will shortly reach approximately eight million subscribers across the BDUs in Canada.”

As for Rogers, the company’s response certainly was not equivocal saying the channels are gone forever. “We’re focused on offering our customers the content they want and delivering great value. We are constantly reviewing our channel lineups to make sure they resonate with our customers,” said a spokesperson in an email.
---

#33 ·
I just check the website and it seen that they increase the prices, Select and Popular go up 5$ and Premium go up 10$.

So, first they remove the Stingray video channels and now we have to pay more than before...

Also it seen that Vintage TV have changed, the guide now say "CH M" on channel 700 and the station have no logo on screen and the guide also say Universal Music has show tittle all the time.

#34 ·
An other increase starting April 1st, 3$/months per services

I received this note on my bill. Our bill will increase by 3$/months per services we have. Ex: I have Popular TV Cable and Internet with Rogers.

UPCOMING CHANGE TO YOUR TV SERVICE RATE
Bringing you the latest TV shows, movies and sports you love to watch is what drives us to
invest in our network and programming.
To support this ongoing investment, the monthly service fee for your base TV package will
increase by $3 per month plus taxes starting on the date of your first bill on or after April
1, 2019. This increase will be reflected in the total amount you pay each month for your
TV service. Please see the TV section of this bill for your current monthly rate.

If you have a discount off your monthly rate, this discount will apply to the new rate until
your promotional period ends. If you have a guaranteed monthly rate, this rate will stay
the same until your promotional period ends. If your TV package is included as part of your
condo maintenance fees, this rate change does not apply.
The rest of your Rogers TV service will remain the same. This change is made in
accordance with the CRTC Television Service Provider Code. If you have any questions or
wish to modify, cancel or enhance your services, please call us at 1-866-673-4107.
Thank you for being a Rogers customer.

UPCOMING CHANGE TO YOUR INTERNET SERVICE RATE
Our customers are continuing to use more data on more devices to stream, work and stay
connected. We are committed to delivering exceptional Internet service and are constantly
investing in our networks and infrastructure to make sure you can take full advantage of
the latest technologies and connect more devices today and in the future.
To support this ongoing investment, the monthly service fee for your Rogers Internet
package will increase by $3 per month plus taxes starting on the date of your first bill on
or after April 1, 2019. This increase will be reflected in the total amount you pay each
month for your Internet service. Please see the Internet section of this bill for your current
monthly rate.

If you have a discount off your monthly rate, this discount will apply to the new rate until
your promotional period ends. If you have a guaranteed monthly rate, this rate will stay
the same until your promotional period ends. If your Internet package is included as part
of your condo maintenance fees, this rate change does not apply.
The rest of your Rogers Internet service will remain the same. If you have any questions or
wish to modify, cancel or enhance your services, please call us at 1-866-673-4107.
Thank you for being a Rogers customer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.