Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Dolby ATMOS
Thread: Dolby ATMOS
View Single Post
post #63 of (permalink) Old 2018-11-08, 01:26 PM
lunear

Questions about upgrade to Dolby Atmos system

I just ordered a new receiver which supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X both. But I have some questions while the receiver is still on the way.

Currently I have 7.1 system. But new receiver supports Atmos 5.1.2, which means if I want to use Atmos, the two rear surround speakers will become useless. Do I need to buy Atmos speakers, or can I use the two rear speakers as Atmos speakers? Atmos speakers are so expensive. And my main speakers are JBL HLS820 which are tilted. The front side of speaker is little higher than the back. Even if I buy Atmos speakers and place them on top of the two main speakers, will it still sound great?

If I can use the current two rear surround speakers, but I have to mount them on the ceiling, right? I live at a rented apartment without tools to dig holes in ceiling. Is there any other way to do so? My surround speakers and center speakers are Klipsch Quiette III set.

Thanks.

Marantz NR-1608, LG 55UB9500 4K LED 3D TV, JBL HLS820, Klipsch Quintet III, Monster Cable THX subwoofer.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome