Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - HD Discovery was short-lived on Videotron :-(
View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 2005-12-23, 05:52 AM
mfabien
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel
I fully agree and endorse your post. The point is that we do not know for sure why Videotron took that decision. It seems to me very unlikely that Discovery called them the next morning after they started the service to increase their fees or change the rules....Videotron web page indicated that new service, that new station ( they have now removed it) so I have to presume that an agreement was reached before they started broadcasting it...
The DiscoveryHD, channel # 664, has always been part of package "HD Extra". The change that took place was from Discovery... instead of the odd HD format from time to time for their programs, this week they started supplying Videotron with HD 24/24. (Some programs shown recently, we had viewed them before).

Videotron, on the other hand, demonstrated its resistance by not putting up the new IPG for that channel which Rogers did, in their case.

Samsung LN52B750, SVS PB12-ISD, Harmony One, HD-A1, BDP-1400, Oppo DV-970HD, Yamaha RX-V371

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome