Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Cogeco Video On Demand Discussion

13K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  BigDave66 
#1 ·
Thinkin of switch to Coegco after being will Bell for 10 years
With Globe on demand channel, the shows can watch the next after they on?
Or wait a couple of months before you can watch them on their demand channel?

#2 ·
Our experience varied.

My wife wanted to catch up on a couple of soaps on the Cogeco on-demand of Global.

It kept crashing with error messages on the most recent on the list (usually a couple of days old) episodes. If we selected older episodes, it worked fine.

Obviously there are server / bandwidth issues when the system gets busy.

From our perspective, it's just "not there" yet.

Cameron

#5 ·
TMN On Demand no updating on time or at all

I have complained to Cogeco and TMN about this issue for about a year! There is one excuse after another blaming the other party. It is both pathetic and a show of severe incompetence. Today I thought I'd check just to see how bad the situation was (apparently after HOURS on the telephone over the summer of 2010 the problem was supposed to have been resolved). I went to www.themovienetwork.ca/ondemand and compared the list of movies there for this week compared to what was avaiable on my box. The website says I should have access to 116 but I only have 103 available on my television menu! Two of the missing movies are the two latest Twilight Movies, big blockbuster hits that I'm sure many people have been waiting to see! I am in Oakville and have been calling about this problem on an off for ONE YEAR! I would REALLY appreciate anyone offering some other suggestion for service providers that does not require a dish (lots of trees, mounting issues). I read something about Netflix w/Xbox but don't know much, is this available in Canada?

#6 ·
I have netflix and you can use it with an xbox, wii, ps3, computer or ipod. It works great but they don't have a lot of content yet but that is changing. They recently signed a deal with Paramount to get the movies before any of the movie networks do. They will also be the only ones to have the new Kevin Spacey tv show. Netflix is not a replacement for cable but it could be a replacement for TMN.

#8 ·
Cogeco VOD pricing?

I have never used video on demand. How do I know the prices before I get a movie & how do they bill? Does it go on the regular monthly bill or is it separate? I pay out of the bank automatically each month. I'd like to keep track of things rather than having a different amount coming out each month.

#11 ·
How about the fact that we are now in 2018 and Cogeco does not offer CTV on demand, nor is Cogeco an option on the CTV GO app. I assumed when I moved that since the rinky-dink cable company of which I had been a customer could offer these, Cogeco would be able to offer these and much more.
Come on, Cogeco, get with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.