Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Best WiFi Range Extender for Bell HomeHub 2000??

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2017-08-25, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
SimmZ

Question Best WiFi Range Extender for Bell HomeHub 2000??

Since I am on Bell Fibe TV/Internet/Phone with their HomeHub 2000 (1 year ago), I found the wireless network coverage very poor if I compare with my previous setup where I have an old Netgear N300 router with the Bell Sympatico DSL modem. No matter if I switch from the 5 Ghz to the 2.4 Ghz band, the coverage is narrower than before. For example, I barely have a wireless connection (very unstable from 25% to 50%) on my patio outside which is about 20 feet from the HH2000 accros a few wood walls and I had like a 90%+ stable signal with my old Netgear setup.

Is there any approved/recommended WiFi Range Extender (repeater) that would be working fine and seamlessly with the HomeHub 2000? Otherwise I assume the other option should be to switch the HH2000 into a bridged mode and use a high performance external wireless access point?

I am just looking for the easiest and seamless way to improve my WiFi signal. Thanks!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome