Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - NFL in Canada 2017 Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 2017-06-28, 10:06 AM
Inglewood

I wonder how much they paid for the rights? I'm curious in how many years the rights fees are going to drop for these leagues.

Oakland just gave Carr a huge contract, and the salaries keep going up - I wonder what the NFL will do when revenue will eventually shrink...

The EPL had a little blip a few years ago when Setanta overpaid for coverage and had to sell-off the rights - I'm just curious how long until it happens on a larger scale in North America. It might be a good thing for fans of the sport in general as it may contract the leagues and provide better teams, but a lot of teams are dependent on TV revenue these days.

I barely know anyone under 30 who watches sports (and on top of that, pays for networks like TSN) - and recently studies have shown sports fans are aging with every passing year except for the MLS in North America:

Going gray: Sports TV viewers skew older - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

It will be interesting to see what the next round of U.S. contracts for the NFL bring in - and where it will be in 10-20 years.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome