Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Android Tv box suggestion - Can you see PQ difference of 4k on 1080P tv?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 2017-04-25, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
synmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
I wouldn't bother worrying about 4k now because the amount of content is not enough yet. Most likely why you don't yet have a 4k set. And even 2 years later the Android TV box you get now will be likely ready for an upgrade.

There isplenty of non-pirated content for which you might want an android TV box. For example you might prefer the Netflix app over the one that comes with your smart TV; similarly for other paid streaming services (Crave TV?). When I was looking at cord cutting I was concerned about those HDTV shows my wife loves to watch (Netflix Canada doesn't carry them, and very few ever show up OTA -- at least at my location). So that's when I found that you can watch lots of full-episodes at HDTV.ca (you watch 1-2 ads and then watch for free). With an Android TV that's easy, not so with a plain Smart TV.
I went to hdtv.ca and it points to graphene.ca which is an unregistered domain. It doesn't sound very legit.

I have an old wdlive tv box which is getting long in the tooth, that's another reason I started looking at the droid boxes.

Samsung LCD, Emotiva Lmc-1 pre-amp, Rotel RMB-1075 power amp, B&W Nautilus 805 "book shelf" speakers etc.

Last edited by synmag; 2017-04-25 at 05:27 PM. Reason: removed graphne url

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome