Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Akimbo - TV Over The Internet
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 2005-11-22, 10:54 AM
TheTinRam

I guess “to each his own” would be a good saying here. I personally don’t see the advantages of Tivo over SA DVRs (with Rogers digital cable)

More user friendly IPG? What’s so user friendly about having ANOTHER box on top of your digital cable box and needing to configure them to work together? That’s user friendly? What’s so user friendly about only having a single tuner so you can’t record something and watch something else at the same time?

I admit I have never used a Tivo but until they integrate it with the Rogers box I probably never will. I head Direct TV has their box integrated with Tivo.

I guess what is happening with them these days is sad since Tivo pioneered the whole DVR concept but the competition just killed them by integrating their boxes with cable company’s cabled boxes.

Tivo has been in trouble financially for a while now. They have one hope left of not going belly-up, and that is the deal they signed with Yahoo recently. If the whole IPTV thing really takes off, it will make Tivo a pioneer again.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome