In HD: Lost Season 5 Discussion - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-11, 10:17 PM

Anybody else's picture freeze for about 30 seconds or more when Jack's dad was talking to John.I missed just about all of what he said to him.I'm on *c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

My PVR did not tape the new episode of Lost. Fortunately I got home in time to tape the later feed at midnight eastern time. I have no idea why my PVR felt the need to skip the new episode of LOST at the earlier time. Anybody else have this problem?
post #63 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 11:15 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Anybody else have this problem?
See posts 58-60 earlier in this thread.

post #64 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 11:20 AM

Location: Calgary - Shaw phone/internet, OTA attic / Pigeon Lake - CCI Wireless, VoIP.ms, OTA, FTA, LTSS
Painter,

I also missed a chunk of that scene. I was watching on Starchoice channel 285 starting at 7PM Mountain time, catching up on the last 15 minutes of the show I paused on my DSR 530.

Were you watching a HD or SD signal?
post #65 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 11:22 AM
Veteran

So...anybody want to actually discuss the show?

Methinks perhaps that baby in the episode Because You Left was, in fact, Charlotte. Could Pierre Chang be Korean, and that's why she knows how to speak it?

Panasonic TH-42PE7U plasma, Toshiba HD-D3, PS3, Shaw DCX3400, Yamaha HTR-6160, Polk 6.1, Belkin PF30, Harmony 700
post #66 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 12:12 PM

... or did Jin pop back in time to entice Charlotte to learn to communicate with him?

... or was the Dharma leader Korean?
post #67 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 12:35 PM

Really good epp last night, its getting a little confusing but looks like they will soon all be on the island again. I wonder then what once they are on the island and everyone is united. Where does the story go from there?
Other others? figure out why the island does what it does? Kill the smoke monster? Build a tree house and drink margaritas on the beach every day?

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
post #68 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 01:28 PM
Veteran

I really liked how they did the part when Locke was going down to the wheel. It was a bit predictable, but still very well done. I also liked when Christian told Locke to say hi to his son, and Locke said "who's your son."
post #69 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 03:16 PM
PFD

I'm loving it...but i must admit all this time travel does hurt my head (though it's better than getting a nose bleed).

But, it gets confuisng. Why, for instance, when Jin is talking to Russo and then the time shift happens....why is it only Jin that travel through time, but not Russo?
post #70 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 03:21 PM

envirogeek I was watching on ch 285 also 8 pm central time start. So we were both on the same channel,it must of been happening down the line on *c then channel 285.It only froze for that 30 second or so time frame.But it looked like something very interesting was going to said.It was about from when Chritian came into the scene until when he told Locke to get up by himself that he couldn't help him and to go over and turn the wheel.
post #71 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 04:20 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD View Post
I'm loving it...but i must admit all this time travel does hurt my head (though it's better than getting a nose bleed).

But, it gets confuisng. Why, for instance, when Jin is talking to Russo and then the time shift happens....why is it only Jin that travel through time, but not Russo?
Because Russo died before the time travel started.
post #72 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD View Post
Only the people present on/around the island when it "moved" are shifting through time. The version of Russo Jin encountered was from/in the past.
post #73 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 04:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy27 View Post
Because Russo died before the time travel started.
I think that only those people who were present when Ben turned the wheel under the Orchid are affected by the shifting time - along with anything they are touching (like their clothes, guns, and the boat they were in). The people in the perimeter of the time displacement are in effect "time travellers" being transported to different times. Everything and everyone else they may meet are not affected.
post #74 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-12, 09:09 PM
Veteran

Yea that's whats happening. All the people from the past/future stay in the same time period they are from.

In the pop up encore of last week's episode when they were avoiding the light coming from the hatch this text came up "Locke is avoiding going by the hatch because he knows that a former version of himself is there and if they meet it wouldn't be a good thing" (or something like that). That follows the same idea as Doctor Who about time travel.
post #75 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-02-13, 01:37 PM

I thought Ben was Alexandras' father..... according to the last episode Rosseau was pregnant with Alexandra for 6 months when they shipwrecked on the island.
The French guy seems to have been the father of Roseau's baby, not Ben ??????

Comments anyone?

Paul

Pioneer Kuro 60", Integra DHC 80.3, Parasound Halo A51, Oppo 93, ELAC FS247's, Velodyne SPLR1000.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in