In HD: Lost Season 5 Discussion - Page 19 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #271 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-05-17, 08:45 PM
Veteran

Should have read all th eposts. That picture of Tawaret is holding two ankhs, and is a lot less hippo-like than the one I saw elsewhere. Tawaret was the goddess who protected women during bpregnancy and childbirth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-05-17, 09:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Tawaret was the goddess who protected women during bpregnancy and childbirth.
Interesting...
post #273 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-05-18, 01:59 PM

Damn it Jim, It's a Gorn!

Actually, if you look at a freeze of the scene that shows the statue, the face looks like a lizard. JJ Abrahms may be doing a bit of a Star Trek shout out there. It would have been funny if, upon seeing the statue destroyed (only the foot remained), Locke had kneeled down on the beach and shouted "Damn you all, you finally did it." (See closing of Planet of the Apes 1968 for those unaware.)

I heard a rumour that they have actually shot some of the last season waaay back in the first as the plane ends up crashing again but with a different outcome. This way the actors would look like they did back in 2004. JJ and crew have stated that this was always a series with a definite "end" to it. So it would have been prudent to shoot back then. The actors at the time would not really know what the scenes were for, but would be told not to reveal what they shot. Hmmmmm.

Great show. Looking forward to the last season. Hope they keep the writing/directing/acting up.

Last edited by TVProducerguy; 2009-05-18 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Typo

post #274 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-05-18, 08:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbamber View Post
Jacob and Esau were fraternal twins who spent the majority of their lives in a fierce rivalry. When Esau finally got the upper hand and killed Jacob, Jacob's children rose up and overpowered Esau and his followers.
Not sure why you think that Esau killed Jacob. The bible indicates that Jacob and Esau reconciled. In the book of Jubilees, Esau and his sons rise up against Jacob, but Jacob kills Esau and defeats the rest of the attackers.
post #275 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-05-21, 09:48 PM

I just watched the finale today so here goes...

Osiris and Set or God and the Devil, I think in the end it's obvious that there is a "good" being and an "evil" being and the whole thing has merely been a struggle of good vs. evil.

At first I couldn't figure out which one was good and which one was bad. Then I was convinced that Jacob was the bad one for several reasons. In bible stories and such it is always the devil who tempts people, or tries to push them in certain directions and God usually stays out of it. But then it dawned on me that Jacob was there, in a lot of moments that helped people out and he was trying to ensure that they would all make it to the island because for one reason or another they deserved to be there. And then at the end the other guy kills him so now it seems even more likely to me that Jacob is/was good and the other guy bad.

So here's my theory, it's very biblical but hear me out. The island is the garden of Eden. Jacob (or God) wants to bring people to the island so that they can be happy and all that, since in the conversation with the other guy at the beginning the other guy asked him why he keeps trying to bring people to the island. But human nature being what it is, no one on the island is ever content and they end up fighting each other (apparently over and over as the other guy mentioned) and in one way or another people are banished and not allowed to ever come back (Adam and Eve).

Also, Jacob brought the Black Pearl to the island which was a slave ship. If anyone deserved to be in paradise it would have been the slaves on that ship. Also if Richard was the captain of the ship (as some one said previously) his punishment could have been to always be in the service of Jacob and to act as the middle man between him and the "leader" and that's why he never ages.

Now the ending, where black turns to white and white to black. That kind of threw me since white is good and black is bad right... but I think that it just means that the situation will now be the opposite. For now Jacob was running everything and even though it all seemed so bad (black background) the intention was really good (white logo) and now everything will seem good on the island (white background) but really things will be controlled by the evil guy (black logo).

Anyways, it's far out there and I have no idea what they could do with this next season but that's my theory.
post #276 of 276 (permalink) Old 2009-05-22, 01:34 AM
Veteran

Best theory I've read so far, s-fuzzy. I'm on board with that until someone shows me something better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in