Burn Notice in Canada? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-09-16, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Burn Notice in Canada?

Burn Notice is now in it's second season, and I can't find in on any of the Shaw channels.

Is it only on the USA network? Any Canadian broadcasters picking this one up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-09-16, 12:24 PM

Its actually available on Super Channel which probably sucks if you are not a subscriber, having to fork out $15 bucks just to be able to watch this series.

Here's the info: http://www.superchannel.ca/series/view/31/
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-09-16, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Bah!

Bah - for $15/month, I'll buy the DVD each year!

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-09-16, 06:04 PM
Veteran

I've heard if you have Star Choice, somehow even if you are not subscribed to Super Channel that you still receive Super Channel 1. Obviously not something worth switching providers for though.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-06-10, 11:46 AM
Veteran

Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550
The third season is starting in the U.S.

Unfortunately, I find that torrenting is the only reasonable way to get this, and a few other, shows.

I'm only 4-5 episodes into season 1, but it looks interesting so far. Defintely something to pick up over the summer to fill the gap.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-01-22, 02:03 AM

anyone know when the new season will start up on superchannel? USA seems to have started it tonight but I cant find any mention of it on Bells guide!
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-01-22, 03:47 AM

It's officially the second part of season 3. Super Channel are rerunning the beginning of season 3 starting in Feb. I guess they'll get to the new episodes in March.

P.S. Can someone move this to the Specialty and Movie Channels section since the show is on Super Channel?

Last edited by SportsFan; 2010-01-22 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Suggested move to Specialty and Movie Channels
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-01-23, 07:43 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosborne View Post
Unfortunately, I find that torrenting is the only reasonable way to get this, and a few other, shows.

I'm only 4-5 episodes into season 1, but it looks interesting so far. Defintely something to pick up over the summer to fill the gap.
After looking for a long time, we finally torrented the first season, watched the first episode, and were not not impressed.

Does it pick up quickly? Or something that needs time to mature, like good wine and red heads?
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-01-25, 12:51 AM
Veteran

I watched an episode from last season when Super Channel was on free preview last month, for a show that I couldn't follow because I didn't know any of the characters, I thought it was good. Will probably rent season one on DVD in the summer.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-01-27, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfielder View Post
After looking for a long time, we finally torrented the first season, watched the first episode, and were not not impressed.

Does it pick up quickly? Or something that needs time to mature, like good wine and red heads?
Season 1, episode 1 was the pilot episode. Most pilot episodes are, IMHO, immature, and it takes a few for the writers and cast to get into the "groove".

It gets better. Stick with it - you won't be disappointed.

9242 PVR, 9200 PVR (with borked V222 firmware; skip to live bug, broken trick-play features)
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-01-30, 12:20 PM

Burn Notice gone from Superchannel?

The new season of Burn Notice was suppsoed to start on Superchannel this week, but now it's not listed anymore and the show is completely gone from their website. ANyone know what happened? and is it going to be on a different Canadian channel?
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-01-30, 12:48 PM

I doubt a series show would just disseaper off of Super Channel without a word of notice or reason after, because that'd just be plain rude.

Or maybe we're just crazy, and it was never there!

So; Super Channel's overall percentage of shows that are reruns, increases to 95?
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-01-30, 01:27 PM
Veteran

Maybe another channel acquired the rights or SuperChannel lost them.

Quote:
without a word of notice or reason after, because that'd just be plain rude.
Global stations do this all the time. I think rude is a pretty kind description for many Canadian broadcasters.

Quote:
Super Channel's overall percentage of shows that are reruns, increases to 95?
A sure sign SC is in financial trouble. Their programming is getting so bad, especially when compared to TMN/HBO. Not that TMN/HBO's programming is always that great but they at least have a decent lineup of first run shows.

At 20 I had a good mind. At 40 I had money. At 60 I've lost my mind and my money. Oh, to be 20 again. --Scary
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-02-05, 01:12 PM
Rookie

Reply from Super Channel

Hi All,

I sent Super Channel a questions regarding Burn Notice and this is the response I got. I don't know how helpful it is, but I thought I would share it regardless.

Quoting Super Channel email reply:

Hello Kristen,

Thank you for your inquiry. Burn Notice is an important series to us and we're therefore working hard to bring you Season 3 episode 10 - 16 and future episodes. We will send another update when more information becomes available, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Best Regards,

Super Channel

I really hope that they start showing the episode soon, otherwise I will be cancelling my subsciption with them. Burn Notice is the only reason I have this package, and I can watch them online for free right now.

-Kristen
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 2010-08-24, 01:23 AM
Rookie

Season Three is now available on DVD, you might as well buy it (or rent it, some stores do carry TV titles for rent).

As for SuperChannel, still nothing. I think they've given up on BN and gone with 'Leverage' instead (first season already aired, second season starting September 13th).

Showcase now has the rights to replay the series; they'll be starting with Season One on Tuesday nights beginning September 7th.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in