Fringe (Fox, A Channel) - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-04-30, 10:55 PM
Veteran

I don't know if Walter CAN speak up. I think his memories only return when triggered...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-05-01, 01:28 PM
Veteran

Was there any explanation in the show for why the girl's teeth were quickly turning all animal/vampirish? And then were they going back to normal otherwise?
post #123 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-17, 11:00 PM

Fringe - new season

Watching Fringe on FOX tonight. Thank you CTV for not picking it up this year (no poor quality simsub!), Even most of the commercials are HD, and I don't mind watching them.

post #124 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-18, 01:01 PM

Clearly nothing about this show is "real", but did anyone believe for a second that Charlie was really Charlie?

Wouldn't these morons know enough to check the roof of his mouth for 3 prong marks?

Also, could the shapeshifter really kill him, take the 20-30 seconds to change into him, and then hide his body all in the time it took for Peter & the FBI agent (can't remember her name) to show up by the incinerator?

I don't mind suspending reality for some of the strange things that occur on the show, but this was a little absurd.
post #125 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-18, 04:38 PM
Veteran

Perhaps the shots they heard which led them to "Charlie" were not the ones used to shoot Charlie, but later, to put a couple of holes in the nurse's body.

But, yeah, suspend your disbelief. Like the shape shifter changing from men's pants into a nurse's uniform, and then back again.

Still glad it's back.
post #126 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-18, 06:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobisbay View Post
Wouldn't these morons know enough to check the roof of his mouth for 3 prong marks?
Especially since the new FBI agent's first 2 gun shots had no affect on the "nurse" in the hospital room, so how was Charlie able to kill "her"?

One thing I noticed with the new season is that they have gone to regular commercial breaks instead of "Fringe will return in 60 seconds."
post #127 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-18, 10:20 PM

Location: Pickering, ON, PN50C590 SM, LN-T4661 (RIP), 2xS2 TiVo, DVP5960/37
And why did the shapeshifter only start getting rid of the bodies with Charlie? If he/she/it had done that from the start, he/she/it wouldn't have been caught in the first place.
post #128 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-19, 12:18 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but Fringe is now shot in Vancouver; Joshua Jackson (Peter) is from here.
post #129 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-19, 01:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteX View Post
Not sure if it has been mentioned here but Fringe is now shot in Vancouver; Joshua Jackson (Peter) is from here.
Notice the Island Farms brand milk in the grocery store?

Panasonic TH-42PE7U plasma, Toshiba HD-D3, PS3, Shaw DCX3400, Yamaha HTR-6160, Polk 6.1, Belkin PF30, Harmony 700
post #130 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-19, 03:16 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edvale View Post
And why did the shapeshifter only start getting rid of the bodies with Charlie? If he/she/it had done that from the start, he/she/it wouldn't have been caught in the first place.
I was really confused. At first I thought that Charlie was the now the shapeshifter when we saw him standing over the dead nurse. But how, the shapeshifter always leaves the dead body behind - there was always a dead body. So if he shifted into Charlie, the nurse wouldn't be lying there - it would be Charlie - like the other cases (the bald guy for example). Unless he had time to retrieve the real nurse's body, drag it back into the tunnel and hiding the real Charlie's body somewhere. Quite a lot for a short time.

And yah- how do they clothes "replicate" themselves.
post #131 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-19, 05:33 PM
Veteran

Good point--I never thought of that. Here is my theory: She was already on the ground floor when he first met her as she was having her smoke break. So he could of hidden the body close to where he killed her and retrieved it on the fly when things went south.
post #132 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-19, 05:40 PM

I'm willing to suspend belief for the sake of the show. But if I was to argue to point, I'd say the shifter stashed the nurse down there when she was killed which is why he ran down there instead of just running away when he was being chased. The shots weren't Charlie being killed as the shifter killed him with his hands, shifted to Charlie and then the shots were the two his shot into the back of the nurse to make it look like the original shows the other agent took at her.

However they'd still probably have to do an autopsy and find that her neck was probably broken before she was shot.

Aquos LC42D64U Yamaha HTR6080 Emotiva XPA-5 Polk CSiA6 RTiA7's RTiA1's Velodyne DLS4000R Mot. 6416 III PS3 Harmony One
post #133 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-21, 01:55 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobisbay View Post
Clearly nothing about this show is "real", but did anyone believe for a second that Charlie was really Charlie?

Also, could the shapeshifter really kill him, take the 20-30 seconds to change into him, and then hide his body all in the time it took for Peter & the FBI agent (can't remember her name) to show up by the incinerator?

I don't mind suspending reality for some of the strange things that occur on the show, but this was a little absurd.
Not any different than CTU (24) being ten minutes away from every person in America..add that to the fact everyone knows how to get there...(is there a flashing sign that said CTU with an arrow)...as this was supposed to be a "secret" location.

That said...I still love both shows...
post #134 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-21, 02:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_4u View Post
Not any different than CTU (24) being ten minutes away from every person in America..add that to the fact everyone knows how to get there...(is there a flashing sign that said CTU with an arrow)...as this was supposed to be a "secret" location.

That said...I still love both shows...
..and so do I. I don't mind the writers taking liberties to advance the story. Highly entertaining. And I love the twist that Walter's son (gee I forgot his name) is really from the "alternate" universe... cool.
post #135 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-21, 03:29 PM
Veteran

Yeah that alternate universe (side) story could really get interesting...

The delayed "flying through the windsheild" scene was nothing short of brilliant...I loved Walter's "oh-oh"

Tags
fox , fringe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in