Fringe (Fox, A Channel) - Page 10 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #136 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-21, 07:21 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
And I love the twist that Walter's son (gee I forgot his name) is really from the "alternate" universe... cool.
I must have dozed off when this was mentioned. How did they let us know that that he is really from the alternate universe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-21, 07:36 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy27 View Post
I must have dozed off when this was mentioned. How did they let us know that that he is really from the alternate universe?
Walter visited his son's grave. Apparently he died as a young child in the "real" universe. I suppose Walter went over and took his son from the other universe. You hear them discuss his childhood - which Walter probably doesn't remember because he never experienced it.
post #138 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-21, 08:17 PM
Veteran

The grave stone said Peter Bishop - 1979-84 or something like that.

Also Walter told Peter that he had to go the the other universe to get something that was very important to him that he had lost.

post #139 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 12:44 AM
Premium Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleyVuer View Post
Watching Fringe on FOX tonight. Thank you CTV for not picking it up this year (no poor quality simsub!), Even most of the commercials are HD, and I don't mind watching them.
In my viewing area (Brampton, Ontario) CTV does have Fringe on Thursdays @9pm on their A-Channel.

I missed the first episode on FOX and A but Rogers has it On Demand in SD. However the FF/RW controls are disabled so one has to endure the same 5 or 6 CTV/MTV commercials at every break. My PVR is set for Fringe on FOX now.

Trivia Alert! I noticed the old TV in Walter's lab was a Viking. Was that not an Eaton (Canada) brand?
post #140 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 06:05 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Walter visited his son's grave. Apparently he died as a young child in the "real" universe. I suppose Walter went over and took his son from the other universe. You hear them discuss his childhood - which Walter probably doesn't remember because he never experienced it.
This was in the latest episode?
post #141 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 08:15 AM
Veteran

Quote:
The shots weren't Charlie being killed as the shifter killed him with his hands, shifted to Charlie and then the shots were the two his shot into the back of the nurse to make it look like the original shows the other agent took at her.
Then shouldn't they expect to see 4 bullet wounds on the nurse? As far as they're concerned, that nurse was shot 4 times. That's easy to see without an autopsy.
post #142 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 10:00 AM

Just watched the premier last night. I'm going to miss the Charlie character.

Android rocks!
post #143 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 10:08 AM

there does seem to be missing bullets but i guess since the shift shaper is somehow super strong he could of shot himself to conceal the extra shots.
post #144 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 10:11 AM
Veteran

For one thing, I would've asked how his two shots killed the shape-shifter since the female agent's shots didn't do a thing to even slow it down. I was just annoyed at how fast they all decided to go home after the incident.

And why would he conceal the shots? 4 were heard so 4 wounds should be seen.
post #145 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 11:07 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy27 View Post
This was in the latest episode?
It was in the episode where Walter took off to visit his old beach house (lovely property by the way !). When he was on his own he visited the cemetery.
post #146 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 03:06 PM

more or less bullets. in the end its a show about fiction. who cares. its fun. lol
post #147 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 03:13 PM
Veteran

Where did I say it's not fun or not fiction? Isn't this thread about discussing the show?
post #148 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 04:09 PM

but if 4 were heard then there should be 6 holes in the body. (assuming he hit with all 4. )

I think in the end this was just an easy way to get rid of the character as they didn't want to extend his contract.
post #149 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 06:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzone View Post
but if 4 were heard then there should be 6 holes in the body. (assuming he hit with all 4. )
Um, that's assuming the first two shots (from the "new" FBI agent) were of any consequence to the shape-shifting soldier. Perhaps the two shots glanced off, or passed-thru. It's not like we have a clear handle on what these shape-shifters are capable of. The speed and jumping ability are clearly off the charts (the escape from Olivia's room).

Not to mention the other assumption you already mentioned (that all the audible shots hit the "nurse").

Missing bullets is hardly a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzone View Post
I think in the end this was just an easy way to get rid of the character as they didn't want to extend his contract.
This is just an easy way out? I realize the show was asked/told to cut production costs (and cutting a character is one way to accomplish that), but I can't fathom how this storyline is just an easy way to write Charlie out of the show. Wouldn't it have been easier to not include Charlie's character at all anymore? Judging by the spoilers/teasers at the end of episode, the actor will clearly be in an another episode, if not a few more. Besides, this elements of the story fit perfectly with what we've seen thus far in Fringe. Doesn't feel contrived at all (well, aside from the Congressional review).

Anyway, I enjoyed the show, and I'm glad it's back. Fringe is definitely one of my favourites.
post #150 of 264 (permalink) Old 2009-09-22, 07:59 PM

The Observer can be seen walking across the foreground just after the first shot of the crash.

Loved the two X-Files references!

Tags
fox , fringe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in