HD Documentary on beavers (the animal) Bell expressvu - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-14, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Question HD Documentary on beavers (the animal) Bell expressvu

I saw part of a HD documentary on beavers last week but don't remember what channel it was on. Has anyone else seen this ? It was really neat and now I'd like to record it if I can find it. Thanks anyone for answering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-14, 10:14 PM

I saw part of it last week, it was on either OasisHD or EquatorHD

9242 | HR23-600 | HTPC i7 | ISF calibrated & patched KURO KRP-600M(Only 500 made by Pio) & 3 cats
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-14, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot, I'll start my search

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-15, 03:39 AM

Beavers, 1988 by Stephen Low

Is is possible that you were watching the 1988 IMAX film Beavers?

This brilliant IMAX film could very well be mistaken for HD in its' original format or perhaps spruced up for broadcast by your HD supplier.

Canadian director Stephen Low is the world's foremost IMAX film maker.

His many films include:
Titanica
Volcanoes of the Deep Sea
Super Speedway
Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag

Super Speedway and Fighter Pilot are absolute must see for any home theatre enthusiast. Remarkable camera work and sound production make both films a delight.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-15, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

re:Beavers, 1988 by Stephen Low

I quess it's possible that's what I was watching but I searched and still can't find anything pertinent to beavers upcoming. Sure would like to watch the whole program....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-16, 12:16 PM

Could it have been "Beavers: Dam It All" ? It's on tonight (May 16th) on Oasis.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-17, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

to VuMax

Thanks, just reading this at 11:15pm et. I just checked Oasis schedule and don't see anything about beavers: Dam it all. Could you give more info or am I blind, lol thanks
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-17, 11:58 AM

I'm guessing you missed it, seeing as you checked at 11pm.....
I checked till next week, and don't see it playing
I will keep an eye out too, and try and give you more notice, as now I want to see this one, too, and I'm sure my lil guy will love it
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-17, 12:23 PM
Veteran

To sweetmarie:
The program you are asking about is indeed the Imax film, Beavers. It is part of Max HD films shown on Friday night only on the High Fidelity channels, Oasis, Rush, Equator and Treasure (available on BEV only?). Unlike just about everything else on these channels Max HD productions are treated as something special in that they are not shown repeatedly around the clock. Most get an airing in Prime Time on Friday night and then a second showing late that same evening or early the next morning (depending on your time zone). After that they are not shown again for several months. If you've ever seen an Imax film projected on a six storey or larger screen you know the quality of the picture is tremendous. I'm not sure how they are remastered for HD but the results are glorious. I've got a sixty inch screen (SXRD) and the pictures are just amazing. Really make you appreciate HD.

By the way this was the second showing of Beavers. I suspect that it will probably come up again this summer. Watch your EPG on Friday nights.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 2008-05-17, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Thaks everyone

Wow, you guys are great. Yes indeed, I've been to Imax twice, at the old port in Montreal and the second time, well, I just don't remember. Awesome. This beaver program is pretty cool and was very sharp in HD on my 42" Panny plasma . You could see them in their hut, swimming unde the ice, neat.... Thanks again everybody and keep your "tail in the air".
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 2009-09-17, 11:31 PM
Veteran

To sweet marie: If you are still looking for this program it will be on OASIS this Sat. night Sep. 19 at 10:15 EDT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in