Breaking Bad - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 213 (permalink) Old 2008-01-28, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Breaking Bad

Has anyone seen this yet? It's on AMC TV. I really like it but the f and sh words are lightly bleeped out. Is this the way it is on the Rogers feed from AMC?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 213 (permalink) Old 2008-01-29, 02:16 PM

I'm enjoying this show as well. The bleeping of words is straight from the AMC feed so it will be like that on all carriers.
post #3 of 213 (permalink) Old 2008-02-03, 08:53 AM

what is this show about??

post #4 of 213 (permalink) Old 2008-02-03, 03:17 PM

post #5 of 213 (permalink) Old 2008-02-04, 08:57 AM

swearing

If its a cable network I can't believe it edits the swear words. I love the show, the main star will so get awards next year. AMC is really moving up in world, glad Canada has this channel. I like that the channel re-airs the show a lot to as miss it on regular nite thursdays.
post #6 of 213 (permalink) Old 2008-02-04, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

AMC TV

It's not a cable channel, it's network tv supported by advertising. I will like the channel a bit more when I can see it in HD.
post #7 of 213 (permalink) Old 2008-02-04, 03:03 PM

There is not even a amc hd any where.So i would not hold my breath.
post #8 of 213 (permalink) Old 2008-02-05, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

wrong there cablefan.

AMC HD - broadcasting 1080i
Rainbow Media Holdings is now offering the HD version of AMC, that celebrates classic movies and high-quality scripted series. AMC's comprehensive library of popular movies strikes a meaningful chord with its audience, and its critically-acclaimed slate of originals all have a cinematic quality that allow them to complement and be complemented by some of the best movies of all time. AMC is The Future of Classic. HD mirror of the SD channel, with limited HD programming at this time. Available on select Charter systems.
www.amctv.com
post #9 of 213 (permalink) Old 2010-03-26, 01:51 PM

Thumbs up Top Rank

Breaking Bad takes a little bit of Sopranos, The Wire and Mcgyver and creates a flawless reflection of what a high school chemistry teacher would do if pushed way out of his comfort zone.

BSG, Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Breaking Bad is part of this team.
post #10 of 213 (permalink) Old 2010-03-26, 05:34 PM

I watched the first season and enjoyed it (also got grossed out a lot by some episodes but that's just my stomach talking..lol) As it has gone along, I am getting less and less interested. There's only so much credibility you can suspend especially vis a vis his wife's seeming ignorance of what is actually going on. It just gets seedier and seedier and for me...I'd had enough.

Some truly fine performances, great scripts and some inspired casting make this show a winner. I am sure many of you will disagree with me and still watch it regularily.

Kingston-Pace RNG200N,Paradigm Studio 60 v3, Paradigm CC 590 v5, Anthem MRX 700, Panny VT-55, Oppo BDP-83, Oppo BDP 105
post #11 of 213 (permalink) Old 2010-03-26, 05:37 PM

Rocket 9
The 2nd season blows season 1 away, I truly recommend it.

Watched epp 1 of season 3, looks like it will be an interesting season.

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
post #12 of 213 (permalink) Old 2010-03-26, 11:53 PM

I have a feeling I watched too many episodes in a row..had them saved up and did the marathon thing a few times. Probably not a good way to watch this series. I am not Joe Sensitive but I do find some episodes very disturbing in content.

I'll give it another go in the near future. Once I get "the bathtub" out of my mind's eye...lol..

Kingston-Pace RNG200N,Paradigm Studio 60 v3, Paradigm CC 590 v5, Anthem MRX 700, Panny VT-55, Oppo BDP-83, Oppo BDP 105
post #13 of 213 (permalink) Old 2010-03-27, 12:29 AM
Veteran

I watched S03E01 and was absolutely blown away by Tim Whatley (aka Bryan Cranston)'s performance. I was absolutely compelled by the characters and where they were; I decided then/there that it was high-time (no pun intended) for me to find out how they got there.

I went through season one (only seven episodes due to writer's strike in 2008-09) in two nights, and I'm now on E09 of Season2.

This is easily the best drama on TV right now, largely on the basis of the great acting from the principles, the solid writing, and quite a compelling narrative.

I'm finding it much easier to get into and enjoy BB than I did The Sopranos.
HUGE thumbs up!!
post #14 of 213 (permalink) Old 2010-03-27, 01:38 AM

Its extremely dark, but man alive I can not get over Bryan Cranston's performance. Won him self a couple of Emmy's He is outstanding.

When I first starting watching I was thinking how can Hal (Malcolm in the middle dad) Do such a serious role. By episode 2 I was blown away.

Great overall cast as well.

Its not a show for the weak stomach.

Breaking Bad & Dexter, top 2 shows for my on TV

Nuje I did what you did, marathon watched both seasons in a couple of nights. Now I am watching season 3 as it airs. Its a lot harder. I want to know what happens next.

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
post #15 of 213 (permalink) Old 2010-03-27, 09:35 AM

Breaking Bad is the best show on TV right now, and like the other posters said Bryan Cranston's performance is amazing. You can also watch episodes online off amc's website for free after they air (no american residency required), no need to subscribe to extra theme packs for stuff your not going to watch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in