In HD: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Cancelled) - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-29, 05:16 PM

Last night was the pilot episode according to the guide.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-30, 07:58 AM
Veteran

OK, thanks -- I thought it was a re-run of the pilot as well (saw that in a spot when watching Family Guy). It still troubles me that my PVR did not catch it. I'm pretty sure I had set up an "All Episodes" recording for this one. Perhaps I set it up on Global-HD and Global did not re-run the episode. I'll just have to try and remember to double check next Monday.
post #48 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-30, 11:20 AM
Veteran

Re-run because of the State of the Union Address on Monday night.

We know that eventually Sarah dies, but I doubt she dies while there's a show called "The Sarah Connor Chronicles". And we know John has to live to be an adult. So neither will die during this show. Of course, they could always end an episode or a season with one of them dying, just to have them come back alive the next episode, with a simple time travel explanation. And of course the robot girl can "die" as many times as they need.

It's just hard to feel tension when someone is running away from a shooting Terminator. Even in 24, or Prison Break, or so many other shows, there are so many characters that they really can surprise you by killing one off. I didn't know what might happen to Sammy or to Bellick in the last Prison Break. It adds tension. How many have died in 24.

This kind of tension can work for a 2 hour movie, where the mother might die by the end of the movie. But this is a full season worth of running around.

post #49 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-30, 03:09 PM

All in all, I think Terminator has more wow factor to keep me glued to the TV than the new Bionic Woman. I think the show is well done (so far) and has lots of room to grow, like some of you have mentioned.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #50 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-30, 06:20 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
Re-run because of the State of the Union Address on Monday night.
So FOX has air time to re-run an episode but not a new one ?

Fishy, from my point of view anyway...

Glad the PVR is set to catch them all but was expecting to see something new when I turned on the TV tonight (last night's ep.).
post #51 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-31, 04:28 AM
Veteran

FOX ran the re-run just in case the Union Address went over its time slot. None of the networks had any new shows on Monday.
post #52 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-31, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
It aired on Fox yesterday. If you missed it I think it gets rebroadcast on Space on the weekend.
Yes, Space runs it multiple times on the weekend... they had the first 2 episodes back to back the first weekend.
post #53 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-03-04, 06:17 PM
Veteran

Anyone else watch this thru to last night's season finale? The show definitely started getting better. But the last shot of last night's ep was a wate of time. What's the point of showing a robot blown up? This show could have legs. Supposed to be 4 years till judgment day.
post #54 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-03-04, 06:55 PM

I've enjoyed the series so far and hope it returns next season. Apparently last nights episode wasn't supposed to be the season finale, but ended up being so because of the writers strike. Just by coincidence, the storyline wrapped up somewhat so that it could pass as the season finale.
post #55 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-03-04, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I almost gave up on this show after 3 episodes but it was only because I set my PVR to record all episodes that I ended up watching them all. Overall, I've really enjoyed the season and the finale. Looking forward to next season.
post #56 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-03-04, 09:30 PM
Veteran

I still think it would have been faster to break through the door. lol
post #57 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-03-05, 10:43 AM

Plus this show hasn't been picked up yet and by the sounds of the Exec Producer it doesn't look good so they kind of gave up. Was suppose to be 22 episodes, but that was cut back to 12 or something (not because of the strike) and due to the strike it became 9
post #58 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-03-05, 11:03 AM

I sure hope it does come back as it's one of the few shows I really enjoy.
BTW Exactly what powers the androids? Do they process food like humans (they've shown scenes of the female robot eating) or do they have some internal electronic device that has to be charged up once in a while?
post #59 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-03-05, 11:20 AM

Quote:
do they have some internal electronic device that has to be charged up once in a while?
It has not been mentioned on the show yet, but this was right from T2:

John Connor: How long do you live, or last, or whatever?
The Terminator: I have about 128 years with my existing power cell.

I will assume that this newer version protecting john has at least an equal if not longer lasting power cell.

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
post #60 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-03-05, 11:30 AM

No you got it wrong. They run on the new Lithium Ion batteries made by Panasonic....

I do hope they continue the series. Reality shows are of the past. Action series are what we need.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in