In HD: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Cancelled) - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-17, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael R. View Post
I felt that they may have a bit too many plot holes already. 22 witness see a man with a robot leg shoot up a classroom...and the FBI choses not to believe them?
There are indeed many plot holes, however, in that specific case, what's the difference with 300 people seing a UFO and the FBI not beleiving them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-17, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael R.
I felt that they may have a bit too many plot holes already. 22 witness see a man with a robot leg shoot up a classroom...and the FBI choses not to believe them?
Are you familiar with the report of the Warren Commission?

There was recently a case in BC in which an RCMP officer said he was being held down and choked by a man from behind, managed to get his gun out of his holster, put the gun behind the man's head, shoot the man in the back of the head with the man on top of him and not get himself covered with blood.

The RCMP investigated and believed the RCMP officer so didn't lay charges.

When asked during an inquest to demonstrate how he managed to do that, unlike OJ and the glove, the RCMP officer refused.

Go figure what the police believe and don't believe.

"Don't quote me on this." - Anonymous
post #33 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-17, 02:39 PM

Quote:
22 witness see a man with a robot leg shoot up a classroom...and the FBI choses not to believe them?
I finally watched the first two episodes so I am safe to read this thread and comment.

I took the FBI guys reaction as one of he was starting to believe the story about the robots. The way he said it seemed like initially he thought she was just a crazy but the statements from the witnesses now had him doubting his original position.

post #34 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-18, 05:03 PM

Location: Downtown Toronto, Rogers Cable, SA8300HD, Samsung LN52B750, Pioneer VSX-1019AH, HTPC w/Blu-Ray&HD DV
On the subject of plot holes, I thought one of the limitations of Terminator-style time travel was that only organic matter (or metal covered by organic matter) could time travel. That explains why all the Terminators have skin and look human, and also why everyone time travels naked.

So if that's the case, how the heck did the Terminator that got blown up at the bank manage to time travel to 2007? His skin was clearly blown off, yet you see his metal skull coming through the time warp...
post #35 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-18, 07:03 PM
Veteran

I'm thinking the show won't last. Personally I think the actress playing Sarah Connor was miscast. There are obvious plot holes that I'm willing to overlook, but it will be hard to maintain any short of tension in the series unless they fast forward to the War of the Machines and John's ascension to leader.
post #36 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-20, 09:24 AM
Rookie

First episode looked really really good ...at first.

***** SPOILER ALERT ! STOP HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET ! *****

But then that T is such a lousy shot !
I thought the jump to 2007 was a pretty neat idea but the head going through means the body was left behind for so many years for someone to find and reverse engineer so did that jump in time lead to the creation of the technology for Skynet that they were trying to prevent in the first place ?
Not by a long shot !
The body going after the head from the junkyard made it clear to me there would be more holes in the plot than on a Quebec road !
I lost interest after that and barely glanced over the TV the rest of the episode.

TV'll be on and I'll look at the next episodes but I am likely to be doing something else at the same time and I doubt we'll get the full run of episodes.
I remember what happened to "Drive" all to well.

Too bad, I had pretty high expectations for this.
post #37 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-20, 12:28 PM

If the "T" was a good shot the 2 main characters would be dead and the series would be over. Somehow that wouldn't work for a series like this.
Is this the first series where the bad guy is a bad shot?
Apparently you never watched the Rat Patrol.
Man , people are sure picky. Remember folks, this is Television we are talking about, not the noble prize for art and literature.
It is mind numbing entertainment like 95% of stuff on the telly.
post #38 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-22, 01:26 PM

Exactly! No problem with bigscreenbob's aim!

Every series that involves gun fights/fire includes bad guys with terrible aim! Jack Bauer's still alive after 6 seasons on 24, with all the bullets directed his way over that time one of them should have taken him out!
post #39 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-22, 01:31 PM

Ok , I have seen three different episodes so far (including last night's). Did I miss an episode, or have only three aired so far?

Thanks

Paul

Pioneer Kuro 60", Integra DHC 80.3, Parasound Halo A51, Oppo 93, ELAC FS247's, Velodyne SPLR1000.
post #40 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-22, 01:48 PM
Veteran

Only three episodes have aired. Two the first week, and one last night (Monday).

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X
post #41 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-22, 01:51 PM

Thanks scrooloose.... so it looks like I did not miss any episodes.

Paul

Pioneer Kuro 60", Integra DHC 80.3, Parasound Halo A51, Oppo 93, ELAC FS247's, Velodyne SPLR1000.
post #42 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-29, 11:13 AM
Veteran

I'm half way thru the second episoed. I have to say, watching the pilot, I was thinking I'd come into this thead and everyone would be ripping the show. The problem with robots fighting robots is there's no point. Why are two robots punching each other and tossing each other around when that clearly does nothing to end the fight. You'd think robots would rush to come up with the quickest way to do things.

So, in both the first and second eps, there are extended scenes of the two robots fighting each other. It gets boring really fast.

Also, is this supposed to be after T2? Why don't they send the morphing Terminators, instead of this old-school Schwarzenegger style from the 80's? I see a lot of room for the show to grow, if they go a few seasons until John leads the resistance. But until then, it seems like a little too much for a week by week show. What's the point as each week goes by when we know the two main characters can't die?
post #43 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-29, 04:40 PM
Veteran

Was there no new episode yesterday? Or did I somehow miss recording it?
post #44 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-29, 04:55 PM

It aired on Fox yesterday. If you missed it I think it gets rebroadcast on Space on the weekend.
post #45 of 341 (permalink) Old 2008-01-29, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
...But until then, it seems like a little too much for a week by week show. What's the point as each week goes by when we know the two main characters can't die?

Assuming by main characters you mean John and Sarah: From what I recall in T3, Sarah Connor will eventually die. During the scene when they visit Sarah's grave site (with Arnold) to pick up the guns burried in her Casket, Arnold says something about her (Sarah) dying of Cancer (I think) and that she was creamated with her friends scattering her ashes.

djino
"So eventually one of the main characters (Sarah) will die"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in