In HD: Chuck - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-26, 11:17 AM

Just like they did for season 2 finale, they didn't end on a cliffhanger ("to be concluded"), but instead closed the storylines and opened the door to a new one for next season. The producers probably shot a different ending if Chuck wasn't going to be renewed? We'll never know.

Also, Casey's daughter (Alex) kick ass, she'll probably end up on team Bartowski next season?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-26, 05:13 PM
Veteran

If the show was actually canceled, I'm pretty sure they would have just cut out the end sequence starting from when Chuck got the text to go to his computer. Without that sequence, it would have been a great end to the series (given that Chuck had announced his resignation to Beckman). That's probably why they didn't aim for a true "cliffhanger" ending, since they knew it would annoy the fans if it didn't get renewed for season 4.
post #78 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-26, 05:22 PM

Location: Vancouver - OTA, Pioneer KURO Elite Signature PRO-141FD, 27" iMac, WDTV Live.
So, shall we start a poll as to who do you want/who do you think will play Chuck and Ellie's mom next season?

I'm hoping it's Lynda Carter. Because she looks so much like Ellie.

post #79 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-27, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclism View Post
So, shall we start a poll as to who do you want/who do you think will play Chuck and Ellie's mom next season?

I'm hoping it's Lynda Carter. Because she looks so much like Ellie.
I'm hoping it's Dean Stockwell in drag.
post #80 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-27, 02:25 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGY11 View Post
If the show was actually canceled, I'm pretty sure they would have just cut out the end sequence starting from when Chuck got the text to go to his computer. Without that sequence, it would have been a great end to the series (given that Chuck had announced his resignation to Beckman). That's probably why they didn't aim for a true "cliffhanger" ending, since they knew it would annoy the fans if it didn't get renewed for season 4.
Given that the producers didn't know if the series would be renewed until well after the Season 2 finale aired and still went with the "Hey guys, I know kung-fu" cliffhanger this might have not been the case. They might have wanted to go with the "as one door closes, another opens" type ending. Personally, if the show had been cancelled, I would have stopped it right after Chuck says "oh boy" and devoted the extra 90 seconds to a scene between Chuck, Ellie, and Sarah occurring right before the ending.

Very happy we get a fourth season though. This is the first show that actually has me writing about it on fan boards.
post #81 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-30, 12:08 AM
Veteran

I agree - Chuck is on my list of "must-watch" shows. The few episodes of this season just made things even better.

Can't wait for season 4.
post #82 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-30, 12:31 AM
Veteran

What I like about the Chuck is that the writers aren't afraid to change things around instead of following the same exact formula from season to season. It doesn't work all the time, but it certainly keeps things fresh.
post #83 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-30, 01:45 AM
Veteran

It has a great mix of comedy, drama, and action too. I'm laughing my head off during one scene and then enjoying seeing Casey/Sarah/Chuck kick butt the next. And some of the music they play during the episodes is spot on and has introduced me to a lot of new indie artists.

And yeah, Yvonne Strahovski is very easy on the eyes
post #84 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-30, 05:55 PM

Cool synopsis?

I missed recording the last hour of the season finale on my PC, because I didn't check the schedule (I watch the episodes on my iPhone, in case you are wondering why I record it on my PC). Is there somewhere I can read a synopsis of the last episode?

TIA

Live and let live.
post #85 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-30, 06:47 PM

The 2 hour finale will be broadcast on City TV June 6 at 7 ET.
post #86 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-30, 08:05 PM
Veteran

If you can't wait, Wikipedia has a pretty good plot summary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_V..._Ring:_Part_II
post #87 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-31, 02:28 PM

my mother vote

Jacylin Smith, Chuck a series that has constantly improved
post #88 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-31, 02:42 PM

How about having the original Wonder woman... Lynda Carter play Mary Elizabeth Bartowski?

Another good choice could be Kate Smith from Scarecrow and Mrs. King / Charlie's Angels.

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!
post #89 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-31, 03:27 PM
Veteran

Smith would be a good in-joke as Awesome's father is played is played by Boxleitner (Scarecrow).
post #90 of 152 (permalink) Old 2010-05-31, 04:53 PM

Location: Vancouver - OTA, Pioneer KURO Elite Signature PRO-141FD, 27" iMac, WDTV Live.
I think you mean Kate Jackson.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in