Superchannel Programming Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-01, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Superchannel Programming Discussion

Well Super Channel is supposed to launch tomorrow on ExpressVu.

This thread is for discussing the programming on Super Channel.

Please no politics or discussions of TMN and MC on this thread. If you wish to discuss the station itself read the Superchannel launches October 19th (now Nov 2nd) discussion thread.

Let us know what your watching and what you think of the programming.

Last edited by hugh; 2007-11-01 at 05:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-01, 05:33 PM

They have changed the promo material over the last few days. Jason Presley (sic) and another are part of a fifteen minutes promo.......not sure that they have really captured my attention yet.
post #3 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-09, 12:10 PM

Pretty crappy channel IMO. I set a recorder for Saw 3 and Rocky Balboa, but that's really all they have playing that interests me in the least. Can't see myself paying anything extra for this. What's with the 2 week preview too? I am surprised it wasn't a 3 month preview. It's really not enough time to get into the channel.

post #4 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-09, 03:24 PM
Veteran

I too am surprised they haven't loaded a few more quality premieres into this free preview period.
post #5 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-09, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I too am surprised they haven't loaded a few more quality premieres into this free preview period.
Can't load what you ain't got.
post #6 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-10, 12:37 PM

Thats the thing they do have a good number.THey foir what ever reason are not showing them now for the preview.
post #7 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-10, 12:56 PM

Not that many movies available to continue programing as they currently are unless you count the thousands of Bollywood movies that they have purchased from India. So far their speciality continues to be direct to DVD films.
post #8 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-10, 08:43 PM

Enjoyed the Canadian series premier of the new "Flash Gordon" in high definition on superchannel this week. These have been airing in the US for some time now and available on torrent sites. Too bad I probably won't be subscribing... this looks like a good series and one that would be a nice filler when Battlestar Galactica ends this year. I'd say too bad this series didn't air on Space, but with the terrible PQ it's probably best that it stayed on a premium movie channel in hi def.
post #9 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-10, 08:56 PM

So, is Priestly (sp?) an investor in this station or just pimping himself out for promotions?

Also they are carrying some of those geek titles like the animated Marvel stuff, Ironman and Avengers. If I was 25 years younger I might get excited.

We have the HD package so is it safe to assume that the Super Channel will stay active once the "free" period has ended?

Just wondering.

MT
post #10 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-11, 10:57 AM
Veteran

So far I'm not too impressed with Superchannel. I haven't heard of most of the movies/shows they've played, and quite frankly they're not that great. I don't think this format can survive, not at $16 a month competing with TMN. I suspect in a few months they'll realize that and start showing more mainstream content. They should also lower the price to $10 because TMN is far better (so far).

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X
post #11 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-12, 11:30 AM
Veteran

Not that these Superchannel HD channels are bad... it's just that the films and series have limited appeal.

I also haven't seen how they intend to offer a new movie premiere every day. Perhaps they will be replacing 30 of their films with new titles every month. That alone would set them apart from Movie Central HD which continues to re-run their small library of films totally into the ground.

I'd be happy paying $4.50/month for these channels, and with some reservations maybe $5.95. But for $17 they are dreaming.
post #12 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-12, 11:33 AM
Veteran

One interesting programming observation is they seem to be playing episodes of series with a new one each day (?) or so, rather than delaying a week between episodes. I noticed this with a series called 'Skins'. I flipped past the first episode thinking it might be interesting to catch on a later broadcast and assuming all showings for the week would be that same episode. But the next broadcast I caught was a different episode.
post #13 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-12, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Deleted some posts.

This thread is NOT about TMN, MC or how much SuperChannel costs. See post #1.

This thread is about Superchannel programming ONLY.

post #14 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-15, 02:46 AM

Thumbs down

Superchannel is pathetic --> It's been 2 weeks and they still can't put up an online schedule for their programming:

http://superchannel.ca/schedule/

How do they expect people to make a decision about wether or not to get the channel if they can't even put up a schedule to show people what's playing.

Talk about dropping the ball.
post #15 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-15, 10:39 AM

Zap2it now has listings for all 6 channels.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in