Superchannel Programming Discussion - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-07-05, 07:37 PM

Sorry but any comparison of Superchannel and the Movie Network is just plain ludicrious. As many have said before it is strickly subjective....if you think grade D ready for DVD movies are the cats meow then so be it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-07-06, 02:21 AM

I have given SuperChannel 2 chances now. I cancelled both times. It stinks! Mainly direct-to-video B movies and Australian soap operas. I like HBO's programming and the movies are much better on Movie Central. I agree w/ 57. One service with access to all the studios is the way to go. It would seem that despite free preview periods, Canadians aren't impressed with the quality for the $ of SC.
post #63 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-07-06, 04:03 AM

Thumbs up Superchannel is a better choice

I had TMN and Mpix for years and superchannel certainly has more interesting programming. I recommend anyone to try it and judge for yourself.

post #64 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-07-06, 10:51 AM

It all comes down to personal preference. Both seem to be ok with me, but personally I would have to go with Super Channel. They have a wealth of tv series never before seen in Canada and if it wasn't for SC, many or most would never be seen here. I also like the fact that they give us something a little different in that not everything is the typical Hollywood faire. I agree with nfldanchor, it really is a breath of fresh air.
post #65 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-07-07, 08:08 PM

Thumbs up Thats why I like superchannel !!!!!

Thats what appeals to me about superchannel , a lot of programming I haven't seen before or haven't heard of. On Tmn and Mpix Ive seen most of their shows and the series they have aren't appealing at all. So if you haven't heard of something it doesn't necessarily mean thats a bad thing.
post #66 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-08-09, 10:51 AM
Veteran

I just switched back from MC. I tired (again) of their programming, especially HBO Canada. It just isn't for me. I was going to cancel premium movie channels altogether, but decide to give SC another go. If yesterdays' programming is any indication, I may stay a while. I watched an episode of "Head Case" that actually has me in stitches. Its been a while since a comedy as done that so i hope other episodes are the same. Then I tuned into a Indian film with English sub-titles about an ancient emperor of Hindustan, Afghanistan, etc. It was a 3 hour epic. I didn't watch all of it, but the point is you wouldn't see this type of movie over at MC.
post #67 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-08-09, 09:17 PM
Veteran

Thumbs up

There are two main reasons that I have Super Channel.

1. Sons Of Anarchy

2. Burn Notice

any other movie I happen to catch that I like is a bonus.
post #68 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-08-10, 09:20 PM

I enjoyed these titles:

Midnight Meat Train
Babylon AD
Skins
Apparitions
plus many more

I watched a few episodes on Burn Notice and found it quite good. I enjoy TV more with this service.

Shaw Gateway + 2 Portals, Samsung 55' Smart TV, XBOX360 Slim, XBOX 1, PS3, PS4, Nintendo WII, Nintendo Switch
post #69 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-09-04, 04:09 PM
Rookie

Is Super Channel worth it?

Hi,

I have been frustrated by lack of HD content on Canadian HD channels. I unsubscribed my cable long time ago and went OTA instead. Anyways Ottawa area is a black hole for OTA.
I like to watch mostly movies and series only (not a sports or documentary fan here)

What my question is if I subscribe to Super Channel, would I get good HD content? I would love to see shows like House, Mental, In Plain Sight etc in in crystal clear HD.
post #70 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-09-04, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Whether its worth or not is very subjective. I recommend going to their website and looking at their program schedule and deciding for yourself

post #71 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-09-04, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddassir View Post
What my question is if I subscribe to Super Channel, would I get good HD content? I would love to see shows like House, Mental, In Plain Sight etc in in crystal clear HD.
So you dig up a 2 years old thread about a movie channel to ask if it carries current American network programming?
post #72 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-09-04, 05:29 PM
Rookie

Actually I did not. I created a new one. Somebody with lot of time merged it here.

I still didn't get the answer if the HD channels actually broadcasting in HD 1080i?
post #73 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-09-04, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Quote:
So you dig up a 2 years old thread about a movie channel to ask if it carries current American network programming?
Muddassir did not dig it up. It was merged to the wrong thread by accident. Now merged to the correct thread.

Quote:
I still didn't get the answer if the HD channels actually broadcasting in HD 1080i?
Muddassir, When did you ask that?

post #74 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-09-05, 10:24 AM
Rookie

Quote:
In a word...yes.
post #75 of 148 (permalink) Old 2009-09-16, 01:49 PM

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia(Maestro whole home PVR with two terminals)
I recently added Superchannel as one of my premium services, and am actually happier with it than The Movie Network. The main reason is that they have a fairly large selection of horror and suspense movies (more than TMN), and I am a fan of those.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in