Give them a chance...
A few points regarding the programming so far...
- Considering what they've been left with by TMN and MC, I'd say they're doing a damn good job. Sure, they don't have a tonne of "blockbuster" titles, but they've dug pretty deep to great, if not unfamiliar titles.
- Many of the UK and Aussie series are great, I'd highly recommend Peep Show, Skins, Outrageous Fortune.
- For those asking about the Bollywood titles, those are on Saturday nights (8pm?). Good from what I've seen so far.
- I heard through a contact that they've just locked up a contract with a MAJOR studio. Not sure which one, but if they manage to add some huge titles to what they've got already, I'm sold.
- Quality wise I'm super impressed. To be able to come out of the gate looking and sounding as good as they do (anyone remember months of sync issues on MCHD?) They've had the odd hiccup, but they're doing a bunch of things better than the competition already (HD promotions/5.1 audio on most all titles/they don't sit on a station logo for 45 minutes at a time)
- Pricing is unfortunate, as I think lots more people would give it a chance if it was priced more aggressively. But we can't blame Super Channel on that one, as the providers set the price.
All in all, I think given a bit of time, Super Channel will grow into being a heavyweight contender. I for one have been fed up enough with the competition to give them a serious chance.