Superchannel Programming Discussion - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-15, 01:20 PM
Veteran

How funny is it that you have to go to an external website to get a Superchannel schedule
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-19, 11:23 AM

Their schedule grid now works.
post #18 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-19, 11:50 AM

And what a lame grid it is. The headline on that page says "Programming worth planning your day around", and then they only show 2 hours at a time! You have to click 12 times to see a day's worth. Not to mention that those of us with PVRs tend to plan a week or more ahead -- guess how many clicks that would take.

post #19 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-20, 01:53 AM

Super Channel notes

Schedule up on web. While not exciting to look at, it's a start. Been noticing alot of unadvertised 5.1 Audio content on Super Channel....thats good! Movie Central has less and less 5.1 audio and HD offerings every month..... Heard through industry insiders that there will be svod offerings coming likely through Rogers first, and other cable co's as they come on board. Former MC On Demand Director Dan Rudolph to head that up apparently. Can't wait to see some of the HD concerts, extreme sporting and documentary stuff coming. That's where MC and TMN are going to get hurt...the variety that Super Channel is offering. Lets face it, you don't watch movies all the time....you seek out and watch a variety of material every week, hitting up a movie when you can or find one. Pay TV is going to change as we know it in Canada....
post #20 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-20, 02:59 AM

bollywood movies????

which ones?
post #21 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-21, 07:56 PM
Zoo

Well, I ended up going with BEV's Superchannel promo as I had some issues to iron out with BEV and the excellent CSR I had gave me the $8 month promo for 2 months. So far it does indeed seem like 90% plus of the content is straight to DVD movies. I certainly hope that this changes and that they show some more classics like all the Rockys that are presently on.

I have this package for the next 2 months and what clinched it for me was that it came with the 2 HD movie channels. Hopefully there will be more content that interests me. So far I have only set the PVR for Rocky Balboa and Saw III. I will see if any of these other movies are of interest to me.

If they had running themes like MPIX is doing the Bond stuff that might be cool. Maybe an Arnie week, a Chuck Norris week, Peter Sellers week etc. IF they did enough of this I could justify keeping this package. Not at $13 plus a month though. This does not compete with TMN plus the premium channels that come with it.

Superchannel has 2 months to prove to me that it is "super" and deserves my $ and viewing time... I like the idea of another 2 HD movie channels but these are only of use to me if they actually show movies I am interested in watching.
post #22 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-22, 05:54 PM

Zoo
Superchannel is not really about the movies.Its more about the series and specials they offer.I watch not angles today great uk show.That is just one of many uk shows they have.
post #23 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-23, 12:38 PM

What happened to the SuperChannel HD channels on BEV?

Hey all,

We have the BEV 9200 and we were getting the two Superchannel HD channels until this morning and then they just disappeared.

I went into the schedule and tried to find the channels but they're now gone.
Completely. Not even listed as not subscribed to.

Anyone know what's happening?

MT
post #24 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-23, 02:27 PM
Veteran

Maybe.. the "Free trial till November 23" in the Info section of the channels was in fact correct?
post #25 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-23, 05:44 PM

Now that the free trial is over I would suspect the channels may appeal to a number of people who rent or purchase movie DVD's and do not subscribe to one of the movie channels and would prefer series that one would not normally receive. The HD channels would only appeal to a minority of viewers who have HD whereas the SD channels would have a broader appeal. It should be interesting to see what the uptake will be but like most things with Canadian broadcasting we will never know the truth just the spin.
post #26 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-23, 06:26 PM

Hey Arthur,

It's not that the channels are not available for free, it's that they're not even showing up as a channel marked red in need of subscription.

The channels have disappeared.

Totally.

Weird.

MT
post #27 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-24, 01:02 PM
Zoo

I just checked my set and my HD Superchannels are still there. Again, I signed on for the next 2 months at $8/month. I will try out some shows and PVR some movies. So far I am underwhelmed with what is on tap.
post #28 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-25, 02:52 PM

zoo
People i have talked to are very happy with what there offering.
post #29 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-25, 04:24 PM
Veteran

SuperChannel is basically going to be a 2nd rate premium channel until they can lock in a deal with at least one major movie studio.

Allarco is going to need deep pockets for the next few years to keep this channel going.
post #30 of 148 (permalink) Old 2007-11-28, 01:13 AM

I LOVE IT. Way better then Movie Central.

Superchannel kicks a$$. Not sure why all the hate.

So were are all the bollywood movies? I have seen muslim(islamic?) movies but not bollywood yet.

Is it better then TMN? Not sure yet.

and yes i get all 3.(MC with shaw and SC/TMN with BEV)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in